Subtle Healing

"Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us." 

Allen's P.O.V. 

It had been a full two weeks since Allen had attempted to commit suicide after another one of Cross' brutal attacks, but he was beginning to adjust to life in the hospital. He had two nurses that sat in his room 24/7 but in increments of 12 hours each. The first nurse was a petite girl who was much shorter than himself who wore glasses, pig tails and a very bright and cheery smile. She introduced herself as Rohfa and was a bit awkward and clumsy. The other nurse that had been assigned to Allen was a man by the name of Johnny, who was equally as awkward and clumsy, but had a good heart just the same.  

Allen had received a lot of support from not only his nurses and doctors, but from his friends and their families as well. Teachers from his school would come visit him to explain lessons and give him work to finish at his leisure and then Kanda and Lavi would help him with studying to get the assignments done and to the teachers as fast as possible. Lavi went the extra mile to make exact copies of his own notes and put explanations in where he knew Allen wouldn't understand the problem. As Allen looked over the notes that Lavi had prepared for him, he couldn't help but smile to himself  as he thought of how thoughtful and kind Lavi was to him all the time, even before they were dating. 

Allen was expecting both Kanda and Lavi to show up for a study date as they all had a test in the same class and they figured it wouldn't hurt to be altogether just for this once to study. 

However, Allen had felt guilty about the Kanda and himself had in secret when he initially woke up in the hospital. They hadn't spoken about it since it happened and they certainly hadn't brought it up to Lavi.  Lavi and Kanda hadn't had much interaction with Allen while in the same room since it happened, so it wasn't a big deal when he could only see one of them. Now they would both be together, his boyfriend and the man he had kissed just a few weeks prior. Allen was nervous to say the least due to his terrible word vomit and was afraid that an awkward silence would force the words to be ripped from his conscious. 

While Allen thought of all the possibilities that could happen with Kanda and Lavi being in the same room together, he drifted off into a comfortable sleep where such uncomfortable thoughts could no longer touch him. 

Kanda's P.O.V.

"Ring. Fucking ring already." Kanda thought to himself as he stared into the clock so hard, he was sure he could probably burn a hole through it. Ms. Bell's English class, 6th period, was the last place he wanted to be. He needed to go talk to Lenalee after school and then drive to the hospital to see the white haired brat so that he could help him study for an upcoming test. 

As he stared into the clock, his head lazily resting in his palm as he tapped his pen restlessly against his textbook, Ms. Bell's voice snapped him out of his trance like state as she said his name. "Yuu." She said sternly with a smug look that didn't quite match the tone in her voice. "Where did you go off to that was so important you couldn't listen to my lecture about Macbeth?" He scowled at the use of his first name and moved his hand away from his chin. 

"Anywhere would be better than talking about a shit hole in Scotland hundred of years ago." Kanda snapped, allowing his annoyance to get the better of him, not that he gave a shit, but Ms. Bell did. A wide smile spread across her face as the bell rang. "Stay with me Yuu." She said as everyone began to file out of the classroom as the last bell rang. Kanda could feel the anger and irritation start to bubble inside him as the urgency to see Allen began to settle into his conscious.

He stayed in his seat, trying not to let his annoyance show on his face. "And why is that?" he asked, an edge to his voice that Ms. Bell obviously picking up on it. "I just want to know why you've been spacing so often recently. Could it have anything to do with the underclassmen who tried to kill themselves a few weeks back." Again, irritation began to rise within Kanda. Everyone was beginning to talk about Allen as if they knew anything about him and it pissed him off to no end. "It's personal." he said flatly and turned his back towards her to walk out of the class.