Chapter 41: The Scare

Elliot's POV

I wasn't expecting anything bad to happen during Liv's pregnancy. We had confirmed that the baby was indeed a girl, Briar Elizabeth Stabler. Liv was happy and feeling good, but then she started to feel run down again.

"Where's Mom?" Finn asked, as he walked into the living room. I had sent Liv to bed an hour ago, and it was only 7 at night.

"She went to lay down. She wasn't feeling good." I replied.

"Want me to go check on her?" Finn asked and I smiled and nodded at my step son.

"Sure, then go do your homework." I spoke, and he nodded and went upstairs to check on Liv.

I went into the kitchen and helped Noah and Becka with the dishes, when Finn ran into the room.

"Elliot, Mom won't wake up." He screamed, and my eyes went wide. I dropped the plate I was holding and ran up the stairs. Finn followed close behind and I went into our bedroom. I started to shake Liv.

"Baby, wake up. Come on, wake up." I spoke, and she didn't move. I looked at Finn.

"Call 9-11, and then call Maureen." I spoke, and he stood there in shock.

"Finn! Go!" I cried, and he ran from the room. I lifted up the blanket and bit my lip. She was bleeding. I reached up and felt for a pulse, and the one I found was weak.

I ran my hand over her stomach and I felt Briar move slightly. She was still there. Still fighting.

Finn ran back, tears on his cheeks.

"They are coming." He replied slowly.

"Finn, bud, I need you to go downstairs and make sure Katie, Noah, and Cass don't see this. Have Becka send the paramedics up."

<^>

I rode with Olivia to the hospital. They checked on Briar, and she still had a heart beat, but it was weak.

Liv wasn't waking still, and her heart beat was weak, just like Briar's.

We got to the hospital, and they quickly got her out, and I was shaking so badly that I had a hard time getting out myself.

As I was stumbling towards the front of the hospital, Alex came into view.

"Where is she?" She breathed, her eyes red from crying.

"T-they just took her i-in." I stuttered.

"What happened? Becka called crying." She breathed.

"She wouldn't wake up! I told her to go to bed, and then Finn when to check on her, but she wouldn't wake up. She was barely breathing and was bleeding." I whispered.

"Alright, who is sitting with the kids?" She asked, taking control of this all. She was being strong for me.

"Maureen." I whispered. She nodded.

"Alright, I'll call Mark and ask him to take over soon. She has Mica." She replied, and I nodded slowly. I ran my hands over my face as we walked into the ER. They were working on Liv, as Alex and I sat and anxiously waited.

I felt like shit as we heard yelling and saw people coming and going. All I wanted was to go in and hold Liv. She's my life. I love her more than life it's self.

<^>

Tears welled in my eyes as I watched a doctor come out of a door. He looked at us, but he wasn't frowning. He was smiling.

"Mr. Stabler?" he asked me, and I nodded.

"Yes?"

"You're wife and daughter are doing good. She lost a lot of blood, but with a transfusion, she is getting her levels back. She had hemorrhage, but once we cleaned it up, she started to become stable."

"So, they are both gonna live?"I asked, and he nodded.

"They should. Your wife is gonna need to be on bed rest for the next three months of her pregnancy."

"She's gonna kill me." I laughed, nervously.

"Just keep her calm and before you know it, you'll be back here for your daughter to be born." He smiled.

<^>

We weren't allowed to see her tonight, so Alex drove me home. I sat in her car as we parked in the driveway.

"Thanks for doing this, Alex."

"Of course. She's my best friend, my sister." She smiled, and I took a slow shaky breath.

"If I had lost them-" I broke down and cried. She reached over and gently rubbed my back as I sobbed.

"You didn't lose them, El. They are both doing better, and like the doctor said, you're gonna have Briar here soon." She spoke, and I wiped at the tears on my cheeks.

"It's late. Do you and Mark just want to stay here tonight? I can sleep on the couch, and Luke and Finn can bunk together."

"If we stay, we can take the couch. Come on, let's go in."

We went in, and the kids came running to the front door. Mark was sitting on the couch, holding Cassidy as she slept. Luke looked over at us, his eyes holding concern for his Aunt Liv.

"It's nearly midnight. What are you doing up?" I asked them all.

"We need to know about Mom. What's wrong with her? Briar?" Becka spoke, and I bit my lip.

"She is okay now. They both are." I spoke.

"What happened? Why wasn't she waking up?" Katie whimpered, and I knelt down in front of the little girl and kissed her forehead. She clung to me, and I held her close.

"She is going to wake up now, and that is all that matters. She is going to be back home and hugging you in a week."

"Am I still gonna be a big sister again?" Katie whispered, her brown eyes full of tears.

"Oh yeah. Briar is strong. Now, loves, we are gonna go to bed. Come on."

<^>

By the time we all fell asleep, all of my children were in bed with me. It was a tight squeeze, but after everything we've went through today, they needed me. I needed my kids. 

When I woke up, I went down stairs and grabbed the phone before it rang a second time.

"Stabler residence."

"El." Liv spoke, hoarsely.

"Baby!" I exclaimed, and she let out a weak laugh.

"Hey. Where are you?" She questioned.

"They told me I couldn't see you last night, so I came home and talked with the kids."

"Can you come in? I need to see you." She whispered.

"I'll be there before you know it. I love you, Liv."

"We love you too, El." She spoke, making me smile. My girls needed me, and I would speed to get there for them.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D