Chapter 29: The Next Step

Olivia's POV

Elliot and I stood in my bedroom. My body was shaking and my palms were sweaty.

"This is going to be okay." He breathed, and I swallowed hard.

"Marriage is scary." I breathed, and he nodded.

"It is, but we are going to be together, and that is all that matters."

"See, that would work if we didn't have five kids that we have to think about. All five of them are sitting out there, and they don't know that their lives are going to be turned upside down when we go out there and tell them that we are engaged."

"Look at me, Benson." He spoke, and I turned my head to look at him.

"I love you more than anything in this world. Those kids out there, Becka and your kids are so loved by both of us. We've been together for going on a year, and I think it's time for us to take that next step, and do everything together."

I nodded and took a slow breath before leaning in and kissing him. Having his arms around me steadied my body and I knew I could do this now.

Ever since Finn ran away, Elliot stepped up even more than before and took charge in being the father figure for them, and has gotten closer to all of my children. And as for Becka, I haven't stopped loving that girl since the day I met her, and she and I are still close. 

Now it's the big next step that was going to make us a family.

He hugged me close for a moment, before we turned and walked out of the room.

"Mom, what are we waiting for?" Finn asked, as he pulled his legs up onto the couch.

I sighed as I walked over and picked up Cassidy, who was trying to get into a discarded school bag, and I placed her on the couch between Becka and Katie.

"Um, well, Elliot and I have some news." I breathed.

"Like what?" Becka questioned, a smile on her face.

"Well, we are getting married." Elliot spoke, and Noah looked at us with confusion.

"What's married?" He questioned, and I laughed at my son's confusion.

"Baby, it's when two people join together as one. But in our way, it's when Elliot's family, and our family become one family." I spoke, and Noah's eyes lit up.

"BECKA GETS TO BE MY SISTER?" He questioned, his excitement evident, and I smiled largely.

"Yeah, she does." Elliot chuckled.

Noah jumped up and quickly attacked Becka with a hug, and Elliot hugged me to his side.

"See, it worked out." He breathed, before gently kissing the top of my head.

"I guess I shouldn't have been so scared."

<^>

With our engagement out in the open, Elliot and I could finally start planning our wedding, and decide what to do with our living arrangement.

"I don't know if we should still live in the city, or maybe move to Queens and get a house." Elliot spoke, as we drank coffee early one Saturday a few weeks after we got engaged.

"Elliot, I really don't want to live near Kathy." I spoke quietly, as I took a drink from my mug.

"Oh, yeah. Kinda forgot about that."

"Yeah, you did." I laughed quietly, and he smiled before standing to grab the coffee pot.

"Maybe a brownstone?"

"Yeah, that would work. Plenty of space for the kids."

"Plenty of room for more kids." Elliot spoke, and I started to cough on my coffee. He sat down and sipped from his coffee, while I looked at him.

"Kids? More kids?" I questioned quickly.

"Yeah, maybe one or two more." He replied, and I ran my hands through my hair as I watched the steam rise from Elliot's cup.

"Dude, we have 5 kids between us." I breathed, and he nodded.

"Yeah? So?" He questioned.

"Yeah, um, I had a hard enough time just going through 2 pregnancies, let alone the one that..." Then I trailed off slowly as I thought of April.

"Hey, don't think about the bad stuff." He spoke, and I nodded slowly, before composing myself again.

"I just don't know about more kids. I love the five we have right now." I breathed, and he nodded.

"I do too, but I want one with you. One that looks like both of us."

"I just don't know." I frowned, as I stood and walked over to put my mug in the sink.

"Baby, why not?"

"Because I just don't know!" I cried out, and he swallowed hard.

"Slow." He breathed, and I eyed him.

"Slow?" I questioned.

"You left pregnant last time, with your toddler. I don't want to have you leave again, because this time, we both have everything invested in this relationship, this up coming marriage."

I looked down and frowned as I ran my hands through my hair again.

"Elliot, I'm not leaving again, and I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I'm sorry for abandoning you and Becka, but if I hadn't, Noah, Cass, and Katie wouldn't be in the picture." I breathed, and he nodded.

"Yeah, but maybe we would have two beautiful daughters together, not you and ass-"

"He was my husband. He was killed. Don't even go there." I breathed, my voice shaking.

"Liv!" He called after me as I walked back towards my bedroom.

He came in right before I shut the door, and even though I tried to shut him out. He grabbed me by the arms and looked at me.

"I swear to god that I didn't mean to say that. You know that when I get started sometimes, I can't stop."

"I know." I sniffled, and he leaned in and kissed my lips softly.

"Please don't cry, Livvie. We can figure this out as we go. We don't need to have more kids if you don't want to."

"I want too, it is just that I'm scared and nervous and I just want to spend time as our decently sized family before deciding on expanding. We aren't even married yet. Lets take this as slow as getting married can be." I spoke, and he smiled before kissing my forehead and pulling me to his chest.

"Deal, sweetie. I'm going to try to never make you cry again, because every time I see you cry, it breaks my heart."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback! :D