Chapter 3: Her Life Away From Him

Olivia's POV

Without Elliot in my life, I seem free, almost. Something I'm for sure not used too. I can do what I want, and not worry about his disappointed looks, or his jabs about who I date. I can just be Olivia Benson.

But without Elliot, I feel empty too. I don't have my best friend and partner anymore. Of course Cassidy is a good detective, man, and partner, it just isn't the same.

"Liv?" Cragen spoke, and I looked up.

"Yes?" I replied. He walked over and sat on the edge of my desk, and looked at me.

"We will get him, I promise." Cragen spoke, and I ran my hand through my hair.

"Gitano is not like anyone else we've went after, Captain." I breathed, and he nodded.

"I know, but we have our two best detectives on the case." he replied, as he glanced over at Brian, who was getting coffee for both of us.

"Yeah, that's good." I sighed. He squeezed my shoulder before walking off into his office. Brian returned to his desk, and handed me a mug.

"Nice and strong. Wish it had booze in it though." he joked, and I smiled.

<^>

"Put your gun down!" I screamed, as I laid on my side in the old factory. Gitano had a gun placed to the back of Cassidy's head, and tears threatened to rush from my eyes. I couldn't lose Brian.

"Put your's down, Benson!" He replied, his eyes shifting between my face and my gun. I slowly stood, keeping my gun pointed at him, and Brian stared at me, begging me silently to shoot the bastard.

"Liv, just do it. I won't hate you." he breathed, and I bit my lip, as tears hurt my eyes even more.

"I can't." I breathed, and he breathed slowly.

"It's alright. Liv, just look at me." he breathed.

"Shut up!" Gitano screamed, as he pressed his gun harder into the back of Brian's head.

"Either way, Gitano, you aren't going to see the light of day ever again." I breathed, as I looked at Brian, not making eye contact with Gitano.

"Well neither with you!" He screamed, and I was getting ready to shoot my weapon, but instead he fell to the ground while the sniper took him down, hitting him in the shoulder.

Brian ran to me and pulled me into his arms, his hand to the back of my head, almost cradling it.

"I'm sorry." I whimpered, finally letting the tears stream down my cheeks. 

"Don't be, Liv. We are both alive." he replied, and I nodded slowly.

After the emotional reunion of sorts, I heard crying, and I looked at Brian, and confirmed that he heard it too.

"Shut up!" I called, before everyone followed us, as we followed the cries.

"Cass, help me!" I exclaimed, as we pulled the crate out. We opened the top, and inside was little Rebecca Clifford.

"Sweetie, everything is fine now." I breathed, as Brian picked her up. I rubbed her back as we ran towards the ambulance.

<^>

"Gitano was holding my partner, Detective Cassidy, as a shield, so I couldn't shoot. I knew that my trigger pull may not be quicker than his, since the gun was to my partner's head." I replied to a reporters question.

"Do you plan on going back to Sex Crimes?" A reporter asked, and I stared at the reporter, not breaking eye contact.

  "I do plan on going back to my unit because there is only a few detectives out there that can actually work SVU, and I'm one of those few. I do not plan on leaving, and allow those people who we arrest, get free." I replied, and a few reporters raised their hands, but I shook my head.

 "No more comments." I replied before walking away.

I walked out and down into the room where the rest of the squad was waiting for me. Brian stepped forward and hugged me warmly, and I let out a sigh, before gently touching his forehead.

"How is your cut?" I asked, ignoring everyone else.

"Hurts, but its better since I didn't have to go out there and talk." he replied, and I chuckled. 

"Liv, lets get going. You and Brian both have a week off to recover." Cragen spoke, and Brian and I both groaned.

"Captain, we are fine. All of our wounds are superficial." I stated, and he shook his head.

"No. Go home. Get some sleep. Drink some coffee. Do some laundry. Do anything but coming into work, alright?" He spoke, and I sighed.

<^>

After a week of "relaxing" Brian and I were finally ready to go back to work. But of course the sort of steady life I had created for myself, was ended.

"We got some DC sex crime detectives coming in to take Gitano back to DC." Fin spoke, and I arched my eye brows, as we walked towards the squad room, Brian walking closer to me than before.

"What? We found him. We got hurt over that sick bastard, and I don't think we should have to give him up." I replied, and Fin shrugged.

"Cragen said we have to." Fin sighed, and I nodded.

"Alright, well, I'm not going down without a fight." i replied, stubbornly.

Fin walked into the squad room, and Brian grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side.

"Maybe not fight this." he spoke, the distance between us was barely noticeable, and his breath was hot on my face.

"Bri, I'm fighting this. I want to see this guy rot in prison, and I swear to go if DC fucks this up."I growled, and he grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"We can talk about this." Brian replied, and I sighed. We parted and walked into the squad room. We were barely in our seats before two people walked through the doors. 

I lifted my eyes to look, and my jaw dropped.

"Elliot." I breathed, and since the squad room was quiet, everyone seemed to hear. They were pulled from whatever they were doing, and stared at our former squad member.

"Um, is Captain Cragen here?" Dani spoke, and I bit my lip, immediately comparing the person he left me for, and myself. I guess I shouldn't since we don't even care about each other like that, or at least I don't think he feels the same about me that I do for him.

"Detective Stabler." Cragen spoke, hurt in his voice. Dani and Elliot both looked at him, and I bit my lip hard, noticing wedding rings on both of their hands. I wanted to go over and slap him, but I restrained myself.

"Captain Cragen. Is your ADA here to discuss the transportation?" Elliot asked, and Cragen shook his head.

"Olivia, escort them to Casey's office." Cragen spoke, and I bit my lip.

"Yes, sir." I breathed, before getting up and heading towards them. Elliot and I locked eyes as I passed, and my eyes drifted to his lips for a moment before I headed towards the elevator.

Fuck.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote/comment/share! See ya all soon!