Chapter 24: The Official First Date

Olivia's POV

I curled my hair and pinned a few pieces back as I looked at myself in the mirror. I was nervous. 

Elliot was coming down from Boston because Becka was having one of her paintings in a student's art show in Boston, so while she was doing stuff with that and her class, we were going on our first date since we decided to start over.

"Mommy, are you leaving us tonight?" Katie spoke, as she dragged her teddy bear and blanket behind her.

"I'm coming home later, when you are going to be nice and warm in your bed." I smiled.

"Will you come in and say goodnight before you leave?" She questioned, and I nodded.

"I promise. Now, go help Maddie with Cass." I smiled, and she nodded before running off.

I turned back and applied a light coating of makeup before walking into my room and pulling on a light purple dress that had lace down the back, and hugged my curves just right. Something Brian and Elliot both loved about me.

I pulled on some heels and then went to grab my favorite necklace, when I saw my wedding band and engagement ring. I swallowed hard and ran my fingers over the rings and I started to feel tears well in my eyes.

"Mom, Elliot is here." Finn spoke, as he came into my bedroom. I swallowed hard and grabbed my necklace before turning around.

"Okay, thanks." I breathed, he nodded and started to leave my room, before he looked at me.

"Mom, are you crying?" He asked, and I bit my lip.

"No. I'm fine." I smiled. I put my necklace on, and then glanced back at my son.

"Mom, tell me."

"I'm just nervous. I haven't went on a date since your father died, let alone one with Elliot."

"Dad is going to be happy that you are moving on. He wants you to be happy." He smiled, before hugging me.

I rubbed his back and smiled softly.

"I love you, Finn. Now, escort me out?" I spoke, and he laughed.

"You are such a nerd."

<^>

Elliot walked around and opened my side door. I took his out stretched hand and stepped onto the sidewalk.

He smiled.

"I don't know if I told you, but you look stunning in that dress." He spoke, and I blushed.

"Thanks." I breathed, and he smiled.

"Now, lets go get a table, and some wine." He spoke.

"You are hoping that I'll get drunk enough for you to get lucky." I chuckled, and he leaned over and kissed my cheek gently.

"I can always hope." He replied.

"Oh, you sly bastard." I laughed. He just continued to smile. He was enjoying this already.

<^>

We ordered dinner and talked. It was enjoyable. He made me laugh several times, and he never looked at the other women when they walked past us. He just wanted to be here with me, and he was going to prove that to me.

"Do you wanna go for a walk on the pier?" I asked him, as he laid some money on the table to pay for our bill.

"Sure." He smiled quickly.

We drove to the pier, since I was wear high heels, and then we got out. I started to walk, and he followed behind slowly.

"Stop staring at my ass, Stabler." I spoke, and he laughed.

"I've seen it before, just not in this dress." He spoke, and I chuckled.

"It got better after I had the girls." I spoke, and he walked up and grabbed my hand.

"I completely agree." He laughed. I smiled and looked at him.

"You know that your eyes look amazing in this light." I spoke, and he leaned in and gently kissed my cheek again.

"You want in my pants, don't you?" He asked, and I hit him.

"Do not!" I exclaimed.

"Come on, wanna get adventurous? Get our dirty on on the beach?" He asked, and I laughed.

"No!" I exclaimed, and he turned so we were facing each other, and he slowly pushed me against the railing. 

I felt his hot breath on my skin, and I swallowed hard.

"Elliot, what are we doing?" I breathed, and he leaned in and kissed me slowly.

I pulled away after a moment, and looked at him.

"I'm sorry." He spoke.

"No. Um, Elliot, slow." I breathed, and he nodded. He started to pull away and I smiled at him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck. He looked at me as I slowly leaned in to kiss him again.

"I said that I want to take this slow, and this is slow." I breathed, before leaning in closer to him and he stared at me.

"Are you going to kiss me?" He questioned.

"Wait." I breathed. I went in even slower, and he was the one to smash his lips into mine. He was kissing me passionately, and I smiled into every single kiss.

We parted for air and I looked into his eyes. He laughed.

"You are such a tease."

"Oh, but you love me." I teased, and then I felt my breath hitch when I figured out what I had just said.

He placed his forehead against mine, and our breaths mingled.

"I have never stopped loving you." He whispered, and if we hadn't been so close, I wouldn't have heard it.

I leaned down and kissed him again before hugging him.

"I couldn't stop loving you, even though I tried."

<^>

Elliot drove me home, and he walked me to the front door just like a cheesy romantic movie. I stood against my door and he smiled.

"Do your blinds move by themselves?" He teased and I laughed.

"That just happens to be my sons. They want to make sure I'm not getting used." I replied, and he shrugged.

"Let them think away." He spoke, before kissing me. I smiled and kissed him back.

"Now, I need to yell at my sons. They were supposed to be in bed an hour ago." I replied, and he nodded. He hugged me warmly, and I breathed slowly and smiled.

"I want to do this again." Elliot spoke, as I started to unlock my front door.

"Well, then maybe we will come up next time." I smiled, before quickly pecking his lips and going inside.

"Benson." He chuckled, before walking away. I turned and saw my sons standing in front of me, their arms crossed over their chests.

"Hey,loves!" I exclaimed, and Finn arched his eyes brows.

"He kept his hands mostly to himself, right?" He questioned, and I chuckled.

"Get to bed."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback! <3