Chapter 34: Joseph?

Olivia's POV

I stood and looked with wide eyes.

Joseph Hollister? My father? 

I swallowed hard and Fin looked at me with us just as much confusion.

"Joseph?" I whispered, before running to the bathroom. I emptied my stomach and sat looking over the bowl. 

"Liv?" Amanda questioned, and I stood quickly before leaving to rinse out my mouth.

"Hey." I smiled, and she frowned.

"Fin said you came in here. Are you alright?" She questioned, and I nodded.

"Mhmm." I replied. She frowned.

"You are lying." She replied, and I bit my lip.

"That man at my desk with Fin." I breathed.

"What about him? Isn't he someone looking for Simon?"

"Yeah, he's our father."

"His father, you mean." She chuckled, and I shook my head.

"No. Mine too. Simon and I are siblings because his father raped my mother. And now he is here, and not in a grave."

"Liv, want Elliot?" She asked, and I frowned deeply before nodding.

"Yes please. But I'll be in the locker room."

<^>

I walked into the locker room and sat down on the bench, and a few minutes later, Elliot came in.

"What's wrong, baby?" He asked, and I bit my lip.

"My father."

"What about him?" He spoke, and I swallowed hard.

"He's here."

"No, he isn't." He spoke, as he sat next to me. I stood and pulled him to his feet, before pulling him to the hallway. We both looked where I pointed.

"Who is that guy with Fin?"

"Joseph Hollister, my father." I replied weakly, and he looked at me, then stormed over there.

"What the hell are you doing here? Want to get arrested, you bastard?" Elliot spat, and I quickly walked over and Fin tried to get Elliot away.

"I did nothing wrong!" He exclaimed, and I laughed as I joined them.

"Nothing wrong? You raped my mother! You are a fucking rapist!" I cried, and he looked me over.

"You're Serena's daughter?" He questioned, and tears ran down my cheeks.

"Liv. Elliot. Fin. My office." Cragen spoke, and I looked at Amanda. She walked over to keep Joseph in his spot, while we walked into Cragen's office.

<^>

After getting yelled at, Cragen sent me home. Telling me that I couldn't work the case anymore because it was too close to home.

I went home, and threw up a few more times because when I get stressed, and when it comes to thinking about what Joseph did to my mother, it made me feel sick.

I called Alex and she came with me to the cemetery. I had something to do, and I needed a friend for it.

"Hey, so what's up?" Alex asked, and we both started to walk towards the gate that led into the cemetery.

"Um, so, can we still charge someone for rape, if he is just found?" I asked, and she shook her head.

"I don't think so. We may be able to charge someone if harm has come later in life." She replied, and I nodded.

We walked past a few rows, before coming upon my mother's grave. I hadn't been here since the night before my wedding, when I wanted to tell her that I was finally happy. I left her flowers, and they were still there, but wilted. I picked them up and sat them to the side.

"Hey Mom, um Alex and I are here." I spoke, and Alex knelt down next to me.

"Hi, Ms. Benson." Alex spoke awkwardly. I laughed slightly, and she elbowed me.

"Mom, I have a half brother, Simon. He's getting into trouble, just like our father, but I love him. I have to say that I like having a brother. Um, but when it comes to our father, I'm scared." I replied, and Alex looked at me and frowned.

"He's alive, and it scares me. He came in to get Simon out of our holding, but now I have to face him head on. I have to face the feelings of betrayal. How he hurt you so badly, and caused your death." I whispered. 

She wouldn't have started to drink if it wasn't for Joseph raping her, and making me. 

"Liv, we can do something with this." Alex breathed.

"What can we do?"

"We can charge him for the pain he caused your mother."

I looked at my mother's grave, and bit my lip.

Would she really want that?

"Liv, let me do this, for you and the kids."

"I don't know." I whispered, and she hugged me as I started to cry.

I want this, but I also want to make the woman that hated me the most proud of me.

<^>

Elliot worked the rest of his shift before coming home. I was sitting on the couch, with Cassidy snoring loudly as she slept in my arms. She was stuffy when I picked her up from her daycare.

"Hey, what are you doing up, still?" Elliot asked, as he came over and kissed the top of my head.

"I couldn't sleep. I can't stop thinking about Joseph and Simon." I spoke, and Elliot frowned.

"Think about other stuff. Like tell me why our daughter is still up." He replied, and I sighed.

"Well, she isn't in her bed because she might be getting a cold, and I wanted a real excuse for staying up."

"Sweetie." he frowned, and I sighed.

"Wait here. I want to talk."

I carried Cassidy into her room that she shared with Katie, and I laid her down in her crib. I kissed her forehead before checking on Katie, and kissing her forehead too.

I then checked on all the other kids before going back out. Elliot was laying back against the couch, his arm draped over his eyes.

He was snoring softly, and I frowned.

"I needed to talk, but I waited too long." I whispered. I turned off the lights, and climbed onto the couch with Elliot. I laid a pillow on his lap, before laying on it, and covering myself up with a blanket. I frowned and thought about everything that is changing quicker than I wanted.

My kids were growing up.

Elliot and I got married.

Joseph shows up out of fucking no where.

Simon is in trouble with the law, once again.

I felt like Elliot wanted more kids, but I was scared, and didn't know if I did.

I wanted everything to go back to the pace it had been before, not what it was now.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback! :D