Chapter 5: The Argument

Elliot's POV

I watched as Olivia kissed Brian. That fucking jackass has my girl... Dani is my girl.

Dani touched my arm when she reached up to take Becka.

"What's wrong?"She breathed, and I stared at her and frowned.

"Olivia." I breathed, and she looked at where I was staring, and she arched her eyebrows when I looked over at her.

"Who's face is she sucking?" Dani asked as I slid into her side of the booth so I could keep an eye on Liv.

"Brian Cassidy. He's her new partner." I growled, and Dani leaned over and kissed my neck, then whispered.

"Two can play at that game." She breathed, and I shook my head.

"I don't want to sink to her level." I replied, but I watched and wanted me to be that one kissing her.

<^>

We left after eating, and Liv and Cassidy were still there. I wanted to punch Cassidy and take her with me, leaving Dani behind, but I couldn't.

We went back to our hotel, and I packed almost everything so we could head out to DC later.

Dani got Becka bathed and changed and put her in the portable play pen, and when she climbed into bed, I was staring up at the ceiling in bed, my mind running wild.

"You're jealous, aren't you?" Dani asked, and I looked over at her.

"No." I lied, and she frowned.

"El..." She trailed off, and I sat up and scrubbed my hand down my face.

"So what? What if I am jealous? Liv is my best friend, of course I want her to have something better than that bastard." I swore, and she stared at me, a frown having settled onto her lips.

"Great." She breathed, and I watched as she rolled over onto her side, making sure she didn't face me.

"Dani-" I started, but she shook her head.

"No, I'm your wife. I'm supposed to be your best friend. The only one you are thinking about. But no, you are fucking jealous of your former partner and her boyfriend." She laughed, bitterly.

I groaned.

"I'm protective over her, I'm sorry!" I exclaimed.

"Well you need to get your priorities straight!" She screamed, waking our baby. I swore and walked over and picked her up, rocking her slowly and trying to get her to calm down.

"I have my priorities straight, Dani. I'm with you right now, aren't I? I left Manhattan so I could be with you." I stated, after Becka calmed down.

"If you-"She started, and I laid our daughter down before walking over and grabbing her by the shoulders, I shook her until she stared at me.

"Dani, I'm in love with you. I'm staying with you and our daughter. I am worried that Liv is gonna get hurt, because I've always been protective about her. You can't get jealous over me wanting to be protective. She isn't going to get between us."

We kissed passionately in the back of my rental car. Her hands ran over my bare back, and I ran my hands through her hair. I shifted my hands down her back, trying to unlatch her bra, but she pushed me away slowly.

"Are you sure? I don't-" Olivia started, but I kissed her lips and smiled.

"I want to be with you, Liv." I replied, and we went back to what we were doing, the car's windows became foggy and I covered her in kisses.