Chapter 25: A Step Forward

Elliot's POV

It has been a month since our first date, well, the first date since we started over again. I can't seem to get Olivia out of my mind, and those kisses that we shared were amazing. I just want to call her mine again.

"Dad, Liv and the kids are here." Becka spoke, as she came into my office. I smiled and stood up.

"Did Lizzie get here yet?" I asked, and she shook her head.

"Not yet. She said she was gonna be late." Becka replied, and I nodded.

"Alright. Come on." I smiled.

We went out onto the front porch, and Liv waved.

"How was the drive?" I asked, as I walked down and went to help her with the kids.

"Good. Thankfully the kids slept the whole time since we left so early." She smiled, before stepping forward and gently kissing my cheek. I grabbed her waist and kissed her softly, before we went to waking the kids.

We all went inside, and Becka showed off the house to them, while Liv and I sat in the living room, Cassidy sleeping in her arms.

"So, are you sure you want to go on a date?" She asked me, and I nodded.

"Yeah. I do." I smiled, and she nodded.

"Good. Um, I missed you." She whispered, and I looked at her and smiled largely.

"You did?" I questioned, and she nodded slowly.

"Yeah. I have. I don't know why all of a sudden us being apart is causing me to miss you." She whispered and I leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"Lizzie is here!" Becka exclaimed, and I smiled at her.

"I guess we can head out for our day on the town."

<^>

So for the first part of our date, I took her out to the diner we used to eat at. Then we went down town and watched a movie on the beach, then the best part was like when I took her for a walk towards the old precinct.

"It is still closed?" She questioned, her voice airy but a smile was plastered over her face.

"Yeah. The flooding made it dangerous." I replied, and she nodded. I took her up the stairs and I sat at on the top.

"Do you remember what happened here?" I questioned, and she shrugged.

"A lot of stuff." She spoke, and I smiled.

"Well, this is where we met." I spoke, and she smiled at me.

"Yeah." She breathed.

"You were a rookie detective, but you were so excited about finally being able to work with the big boys." I laughed, and she looked down as she thought.

"Um, that one night when we were both drunk and we sat right here for a few hours, drinking coffee, and we shared that drunken kiss." She breathed, and I laughed.

"That was the best drunken kiss I've ever had." I admitted.

"Elliot, I love you." She spoke quickly, and I bit my lip.

"Slow?" I questioned, and she breathed slowly.

"I missed being able to talk to you and kiss you. I really enjoyed making out with you on the pier." She breathed, and I saw her blush under my stare.

"I love you too." I replied.

"I've NEVER stopped loving you."

"Same." I replied, and she laughed at my one word answer.

"Do you think we can try dating again?" She questioned, and I nodded quickly.

"I was going to ask you out tonight." I spoke, and she leaned in and gently kissed my cheek.

"Good." She breathed, before I cupped her cheeks in my hands and kissed her passionately. We wrapped our arms around each other and kissed. We both completely forgot that we were in the middle of a busy city, but that didn't matter. All that mattered was that we were together. We are meant to be together.

<^>

Olivia's POV

Since Elliot and I started to date again, I decided that I want to go back to where my family was. My only family.

"Mom, what did you want to talk about?" Finn asked, as I walked into the living room with Cassidy on my hip.

"Um, I was thinking about moving back to Manhattan." I spoke, and they looked at me.

"What about this house? I love my room!" Noah exclaimed.

"We are going to keep this house. I have enough money to keep this, and get a new place in Manhattan." I replied, and they nodded.

"So, we can come back here and see my friends?" Finn asked, and I nodded.

"Of course, love. I promise that we aren't just going to forget this place. This will always be our home, but I really want to be close to everyone else. Like Aunt Alex and Uncle Mark."

"And Elliot." Finn sighed.

"Do you not like him?" I asked my son, as Katie looked at me with confusion.

"I don't know. What about Dad?" He questioned, and Katie started to cry.

"Oh sweetie." I breathed. I gave Cass to Finn, then pulled my daughter into a hug.

"I don't want to forget Daddy!" She exclaimed.

"None of us are going to forget Daddy. Alright? He used to live there too. That is where we met." I smiled.

"When are we doing this?" Finn frowned.

"Next week we are going to go up and look at places."

<^>

"How did they take it?" Elliot asked, and I sighed.

"Not good." I replied, as I looked at him. Thank god for Skype.

"What happened?" He questioned, and I ran my hands through my hair.

"Well, Finn is being protective, and doesn't want us to move closer to you. Then Noah is upset about losing his room. Katie is scared that she is going to forget her father because we aren't going to be living in the house that we have since she was born. And Cassidy is just a baby, so at least she took it okay." I sighed, and he frowned.

"I'm sorry, baby." He spoke, and I shrugged.

"Yeah, well I need to do this. You know that I love Brian. Like I wouldn't have those two beautiful daughters without him. But I also want to near you. You are my future. And I miss being able to actually kiss and hug you."

"I want to see you too." He spoke, but I knew by the smirk on his face that he wanted more than just seeing me.

"I think I may contact Mark. They are going to be in London for another 4 months, but I want him to see if he can talk the kids into understanding where I am coming from."

"Alright. I love you, Liv." He breathed.

"I love you too." I sighed, before smiling gently at him.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback! :D