Chapter 39: Telling The Kids

Elliot's POV

We waited till Liv reached her second trimester to tell the kids. We didn't want her to lose the baby and disappoint them.

Liv was so damn excited about it all, and was already trying to think of names, and we were looking through websites to find a house that we could actually move into.

We had found one, but it fell through shortly after we got married, but now that we were having another baby, we needed more space.

"El, wake up." Liv whispered, and I opened my eyes to look at her.

"You are not my alarm." I replied, and she smiled.

"The kids are gonna be up soon. It's Saturday and I want to get stuff going." She whispered. I didn't know why she was whispering before she got out of bed, and I felt something cuddle into my side. I looked and saw Cassidy sleeping.

"I thought we weren't have kids in our bed anymore." I yawned, as I sat up, and slowly put Cassidy back in her spot and surrounded her with our pillows.

"We are having a child in our bed." She smiled, and I walked into the bathroom with her. She was glowing, and since her father got prison time, she hadn't been happier.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, and she smiled again.

"Great, actually. I can't wait to tell the kids."

<^>

We sat at the table and the kids were having a big conversation, while we waited for it to quiet it down, Liv sat next to me and her leg was shaking. She was nervous all of a sudden. We were going to tell the kids living here with us, but then Liv decided to tell all of my children, my step ones and my adult or almost adult ones.

"What time are they going to be here?" Liv whispered as she leaned over towards me.

"At ten. Can you wait that long?" I teased, as the kids' chatter was blurred out as I gave my wife my whole attention.

"I don't know. I don't want to do it without them, but then again it's hard to keep this big of a secret from our children for this long."

"What secret?" Becka asked, and I looked at her as Liv blushed.

"Um, anyone want more pancakes?" Liv asked, as she stood and quickly walked over to the oven and opened it up, revealing the extra pancakes she was keeping warm.

"I do!" Finn and Noah said in unison. But Becka was still staring at me.

"Dad?" She whispered, and I smiled.

"You'll know later, Becks." I breathed, and she frowned. She stood and left the table. Fuck.

"Where is Becks going?" Liv asked, as she put another pancake on her sons' plates.

"I'll be back." I frowned.

I stood and walked away from the table, and headed towards her room. When we had gotten everyone moved into this apartment, we wanted to make her more comfortable, and gave her her own room. So that the younger kids could bunk together, and she could have her privacy.

I knocked on her light blue door, and she sniffled from inside.

"Becka, can I come in?" I asked, a frown settling over my face.

"Go away." She frowned, and I bit my lip.

"I know you are 12, and almost a teenager, but we've been close bud. Come on." I spoke, and she opened the door and than ran back to her bed. She buried her face in her comforter, and I frowned.

"Alright, what's wrong?" I asked, as I sat down and gently tugged on her long brown braid.

"I let you in, but that doesn't mean I want to talk to you." She replied, and I cringed.

"Whoa, you hurt me there." I frowned.

She sat up and looked at me.

"Dad, we tell each other everything! EVERYTHING!" She screamed, and I pulled her into my arms. She sobbed into my chest, allowing herself to be comforted.

"Becks, I love you. Sweetie, this is just a very important thing, and Liv wants to tell all of your siblings."

"Can't I just have a bit of an advantage?" She asked.

"I'm sorry, Becks. I can't."

"Can't you ask Liv? I want to know!" She cried. I knew she was trying to guilt trip me.

"You will know soon.And I'm not doing this to hurt you." I spoke.

"It feels like you are." She pouted. I pulled her braid again as I stood.

"Keep trying that, it isn't gonna work this time." I spoke, and she groaned and stood.

"Liv! Dad's being mean!" Becka screamed, and Liv laughed.

<^>

All the kids came over and we forced them into the living room. Lizzie looked suspicous, and I had no idea why. But Liv needed to tell them before she burst.

"Alright, so guys we have big news." She breathed, and the kids nodded.

"Alright, what is it?" Dickie sighed. Maureen whacked him upside his head, her other arm was wrapped around a one year old Mica. He giggled and smiled at Noah, who was on purposely making him laugh.

"Well, we didn't think it would happen this quick, but Liv is pregnant." I spoke, and the room went dead silent, even Mica had calmed for the moment.

"What?" Lizzie whispered, and Liv bit her lip.

"I'm about 12 weeks. I hope that-"

"No, don't do that, Liv. We are happy!" Kathleen smiled, before standing and hugging Liv. Liv hugged her back warmly, and the other kids started to do that slowly.

I know it must be weird for them. Getting another sibling when you are adults, but as it set in, they started to talk more.

"So, do you have any names yet?" Becka smiled. She was happy she knew now.

"Well, I don't know if we should tell them." I spoke, as I looked at Liv.

"Maybe we should." Liv giggled, as she held Cassidy in her arms.

"Alright, so Briar for a girl. And Cameron for a boy." I smiled, and the kids agreed that those were adorable names.

"I can't wait!" Finn exclaimed, and we all went silent as we stared at him.

"You are?" Liv asked, and he smiled.

"Mom, you are finally happy. If you are happy, I'm happy!" He exclaimed. She started to cry.

I took Cassidy from her, and she pulled Finn into her arms and held him close.

Maybe we would be okay.

Hey guys! So, as you can tell, Briar was the name that won for the girls, and I decided that Liv and Elliot would have a girl in this book! I picked one of the runner ups for just a random boy name. Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D