Imagine adopting a child with Ubbe

ONESHOT
Words: 3042

You stood on the docks, looking over the heads of the people gathered there. It was weeks now since the last time you saw him and you missed him, terrible. It was one thing to be in a forced marriage, a woman didn't missed her husband as much as it was in a marriage that came out of love. And this was that, you married for over a year ago now and this was the second time he left you, the longest travel he made. So seeing those ships dock into the harbor made the tears of joy well up in the corner of your eyes. Pressing your body up on your toes you looked how the first men jumped out of the ships. Somewhere that short strand of panic filled your body while your eyes looked for him. What if he died? What if he was badly wounded? But all of that concern faded as soon as you saw him walking aside his brother and you pushed your way through the people, not being able to move further when you saw that smile spreading over his lips on something his brother said to him. His eyes started to search over the crowd, looking for you. He looked so good, healthy, strong and handsome as always. You remembered the first time you saw Ubbe like it was yesterday. You were cleaning the stables when he walked in, demanding a horse before he left again. After that he demanded a horse way to often until he only demanded you. His eyes locked with yours and you bite your lip to suppress the tears of joy while you started walking. His eyes scouted your body hoping to see the one thing that he was wishing for all the time you were married, you pregnant and just as always you needed to disappoint him. You laid your hands around his face while he pulled you closer around your waist. You placed your lips against his and everything you felt, you feared disappeared in this love.
'Did I miss the most gorgeous face of Kattegat.' He whispered.
'Welcome back home husband. Night won't be so lonely anymore.' You smiled softly back, embracing his tightly for all your happiness didn't found a way out.

During the feast you and Ubbe hardly stayed away from each other. And although you were a very descent woman you ignored all the rules in this night. Taunting him by dancing, exchanging promising looks and whispers about how much you missed him. On a certain point Ubbe had enough of it and leaded you out of the great hall home. 'What did you do on those lonely night?' He asked you just before you walked into the house. You turned around, your back leaning against the door while you looked up.
'What woman do to feel comfort and enjoyment when their husbands aren't home.' You replied with a small, almost shy, smile. His deep blue eyes prayed your body, imagining you lying in bed at night, touching yourself because you missed him. 'Not as satisfying as this.' You said, laying your hand on his chest while looking up.
'You always show yourself to be so innocent and good hearted but,' he silenced his own words by the kiss you give him again. He opened the door and pushed you backwards in.
'I'm all innocent and good hearted.' You protested, pushing your feet out of the shoes before embracing his neck again with your hands. 'Are there any wounds that I need to attend?' You asked carefully looking over his body. He laid his hands on your dress, slowly pulling it up while he leaded your body towards the bed.
'Does my wife has wounds that need attending?'
'Only the black hole in my heart from missing you.'
'That I can fix.' He whispered, placing his lips against yours. You felt his fingertips scour over your body while he pulled your dress further up. You lifted your hands while he pulled the dress over your head. Your hair, stroke down over one shoulder while he let the dress slip out of his hands on the ground. You untied his leather armor, generally aware that his eyes covered your naked body that stood before him. He helped you get rid of his and your fingers stroked the superficial wounds and bruises he had. 'I'm fine.' He promised, cupping your face before laying you down on the bed. In the weeks it was everything you wanted, feeling his skin against yours, his hands touching your body, feeling him inside of you. You moaned on the fore filling feeling it gave you, the way he moved inside of you, the way he said your name, the way he made you feel. 'I love you.' He panted against your collarbone, just as you tumbled down from your high point and he spilled his seed inside of you. You embraced his head while he laid aside you, resting it on your chest, stroking your fingers over his braid.
'I love you to.' You whispered right back, listening to the heavy sounds of your breaths before his got more steadier and you knew he slipped away into is victorious dreams.