Imagine Hvitserk his way of saying goodbye

ONESHOT
Words: 1738

  You stood on the wooden dock that connected Kattegat with the ships that layed ready in the water. Hardly a day and Björn would sail away for new adventures in a whole new directions. He would sail across Rollo and only the thought of how last time went maked you a little worried. The men where readying the ships, everybody helped loading in food, weapons while you saw Björn watching from a little distance. You crossed your arms before your chest, burrying your chin in the little furr that kept you warm. Hvitserk jumped out one of the boats, his hand resting on his sword while he discussed something with on of the man on the dock. He was so eager to go on this trip with Björn and all you could think of was how much you where gonna miss him, and if you would see him again. He didn't noticed much of you concern, he was way to excited to go with Björn. And it brightened your day a little, knowing that it was something he wanted to do for a verry long time. Especially when he could do it with Björn Ironside. He walked over the dock your way, passing you with a short look. You just gazed in front of you but in the corner of your eye you saw him stop, getting back on his steps until he stood beside you.
'What is it?' He asked, studying your face because you didn't act normal.
'Nothing.' You forced a smile on your lips, not wanting that he got concerned about you. You looked at him, he doubted you words for a second before he came to stand in front of you.
'You are concerned, for me leaving?' He guessed the sadness in your eyes. It was childish, you and Hvitserk weren't that long with each other and it felt mostly as a kind of game in desire than actually love. But now, on this moment, it felt different.
'I'm fine.' You tried to convince him. He laid his hand on your hip, pulling you closer to him. You rested your hands on his chest and looked to the man readying the boats, not wanting to look at him. Somewhere you felt ashamed, that you were this concerned about it.
'You can say it.' He motivated your thoughts. You looked up and nodded slowly.
'Yes, I'm concerned, gonna miss you.' You smiled softly, shy almost. He brought his hand up, stroking the strains of hair after your ear before rhe knockles of his fingers stroke your cheeck.
'Why are you concerned?'
'That you gonna die, getting hurt, captured. That I won't see you again.' You said a little in dispair, curling your fingers into wrists against his chest. 'I like you Hvitserk.' You confessed, looking up to the sneaky smile that got on his face. His hand moved from you hip to the lower of your back,pulling you in that way even closer than you already were.
'Than we have to make it a night we will never remember.' He whispered against your cheeck. He didn't kiss you, but he was so closeby and the eyecontact you changed maked you already warm inside.

'Where are we going?' You asked him, wrapping your arms even tighter around his waist while his horse galloped through the forest.
'You will see.' He said with an playfull smirk on his face, pulling the horse back to an more comfortable speed. You had no idea where he was bringing you. You didn't come quite often out of Kattegat, being a slave really didn't allow you much to do. So you where generally curious to witch place Hvitserk was bringing you, especially because the fact the both of you where alone. You tried to look over his shoulder to the road the horse was walking but there wasn't even a road. It was an half hour traveling before you finally saw where he was taking you, a lake. 'You told me that you wanted to swim sometimes.' He explained, looking over his shoulder to you. You looked to the water, biting you lip, blushing because he remembered.
'I can't really swim.'
'Lucky for you I'm here to save you from drowning.' He joked. You gave him a fast glare and jumped from the horse, walking over to the lake. For a minute all you saw was your own reflexion and the sundown that stroke his last strains of light over the lake, giving the whole surrounding a deep orange kind of vieuw.
'This is beautiful.' You said for yourself, looking over your shoulder to Hvitserk who tied up the horse before he walked over to you. 'Is this the spot where you bring all your girls?' You asked a little playfull, relaxed even. He pulled the furr from over his body and trew it on the ground.
'Only the special once.' He winked. You turned away from him, blushing but he grabbed you soon enough with your wrist, turning you back to him. 'You're the only one I brought here.' He reassured you. You looked up, blinking a little to much because you always had a hard time looking into his eyes without feeling weak in your knees.
'I don't want to take your time away. It's also your last night with your mother, your brothers, I don't,'
'Y/n,' he itterupted you, cupping your face. 'don't get shy on me, you know how much I want to work that out of your system.' He pulled your face closer, placing his lips on yours and your hand found the back of his neck in an instant. He had such a way of kissing you, passionate but frustrating slow if he wanted to. 'Get undressed.' He commanded you, his lips hardly away from yours. You opened your eyes, looked that intens gaze of those eyes in yours. Your hands pushed the furr over your shoulder while Hvitserk pulled you in for another kiss. His hand slided down to your hip where his fingers pulled up your dress with ease. He pulled it over you head until you stood there, naked. 'Did I tell you how beautifull your are?' He asked you with a gaze down your body. The heat that filled his eyes, centered with you down.
'Did I tell you how weak I become when you act like this?' You asked him right back, stroking you hand over his jawline before you kissed him again, almost eagerly. He pulled your naked body against his, hands traveling over every bit of skin possible to find.
'Get in!'
'You first.' You didn't have to say that twice. He pulled his clothes off and jumped in the water. It couldn't be warm and you saw in his reaction you where right.
'Short pain, just jump.' He smiled to you. You had a little doubt about it so he pulled his charming face on. 'Come on, I know you can't resist.' And you jumped, letting a little scream out when you felt how cold the water was. You went under for a moment before he pulled you on your hand up and you were back in that same embrace of him.
'This is cold.' You freezed.
'You wanted to swim in a lake.' He joked.
'No, you remembered, I was only concerned.' You reacted with a tilted head. He pulled you closer and you wrapped your arms together over his shoulders.
'I will come back, maybe I bring you a gift.'
'You are already a gift if you come back safe.' You had your answered ready in no time. It was the only thing you wanted, him safe on the whole journey. 'I will pray to the mighty gods for you Hvitserk.' You promised him. The both of you floated in the water, not really swimming, more keeping each other warm and enjoy each others company.
'Are you falling in love?'
'Maybe,' you bited your lip again, he looked down to it, eyes filling with a certain desire. 'is that a bad thing?' You asked after. Hvitserk was known about his taste in girls, that was what maked you so uncertain about the whole situation.
'No.' That was his only answer before he started kissing you again, not in a tender slow way but with the heat you noticed a little sooner in his eyes. You wrapped your legs around his waist, the cold didn't bother you anymore to be honest, it was all him, his, touch, his skin you felt against yours, his fingers that maked you feel whole again. And in the end he took you back on dry land and maked love to you in a way you never would forget.

You stood on the same spot you also stood yesterday. Arms crossed before you chest while you looked how they all got in the boats. Hvitserk said goodbye to his brothers and mother. You looked how those embraces where so strong, how they weren't concerned about his departure. You already started to feel hollow. When he said goodbye to Ubbe his gaze fell on you, your eyes traveled down to the wooden dock.
'I thought you forgot to be concerned about last night.' He said as soon as he was in hearing distance. You looked up to him and shrugged.
'You didn't really make it better.' You forced a smile on your face. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer. You rested your fingertips against his cheeck, stroking his face without hardly touching him. 'Be safe Hvitserk, please come back. And if you don't, I won't forget you.' You said with blurry eyes. He pulled your face closer, kissing you almost tenderly.
'I will be looking forward to see you again, touch you again, smell you again. Maybe you are my weakness,'
'for you are my strenght.' You finished his sentence. He looked into your eyes, so close you wanted to kiss him again.
'I won't forget last night.' He smiled. You got shy again, placed a fast kiss on his lips because Björn walked by.
'Go, be the viking you where born to be.' You pushed him back to the boats. He smiled before he turned around and walked after his brother. You crossed your arms again and looked how they got on board, how they sailed away and how you maybe won't ever see him again.