Imagine Halfdan seeing you as a Goddess - II

Words: 3151

You thought Björn being back would settle Ragnar his soul a little, but going to Paris only made it worse after he saw Rollo standing there, betraying him. In some way you wanted to kill his pet, the slave he had but who were you to challenge your own father. So you stood in the back, looking how he messed up things by acting unusual, bringing Ubbe and Hvitserk, walking over the camp with his head somewhere else. You sat on the table, playing your knife while Björn was drinking aside you when Ragnar came in. Rollo betrayed his gods, his family, you knew him, you admired him and now all you wanted to do was kill him. You pulled the knife out of the wood, looking up to your father who was followed by King Harald and his brother. Halfdan looked at you for a moment, nothing ever changed. Since your interaction the day of his arrival he placed a mark on you, claiming the princess of Kattegat for he wanted you to become the queen. But Ragnar decided to go to Paris and you hardly spoke Halfdan since then. He looked over your body, you only pointed the tip of your knife towards him, causing him to give you that kind of smile ... a wicked one, one that helped you remember all the details of that night. 'What is your plan of attack?' King Harald asked after stating the obvious about Rollo. You turned a little, looked how your father crouched, laying out the battleplanes, ships sailing in between the towers while a part attacked by land.
'Any objections?' Björn asked. Nobody really trusted Ragnar his instinct anymore, not since he came back from Paris all injured. When you looked up Halfdan was looking at you, questioning, you only nodded softly before the both brothers agreed with the plan. And in that way you were the spy in your fathers own business, for what was nothing more than heated desire between you and Halfdan. 'We attack tomorrow.' You brother announced. The brothers nodded and walked away, Halfdan threw you a dominant look and you only gave one back before turning to your mother.
'You should be aware that he only wants you for your name.' She advised you, looking over her shoulder towards Halfdan. Offcourse she knew, she saw the details in even the smallest things.
'Keep your enemies close, isn't that what they say?'
'Be careful, go with your father tomorrow.' Lagertha followed. You nodded and walked out, Ragnar almost jumped from behind a tent into your path.
'You need to go with your mother tomorrow, she shouldn't fight in her condition, with the pregnancy.' He insisted, thoughts hardly on the subject.
'Too late, she commanded me to go with you. And she can handle herself, it is her choose.' You shrugged. Ragnar revealed his teeth before he started to look around, walking off. You looked at him, all distract and impatient, your father needed to get his head straight, before another king would take over.

You stood in the darkness, looking over the ships while you tried to get a clear head about tomorrow. In the footsteps of your father, mother and brother you hadn't a change to be different; you needed to be like them, fierce, a leader. You felt the tip of a blade piercing in your back, followed by the pressure of his lips against your neck. You tilted your head, giving him a clear path to the rest of it. He wrapped the arm which held the knife over your chest, pushing your back against his body. 'I hardly see you.' He whispered. The sharp edges of that blade pushed against your throat, leaving you no other choose than to stay still. You closed your eyes, absorbing the longing he pushed through your body.
'It is not that we are bound to each other Halfdan.' You pulled the dagger out of his hands and turned around to him, pointing it on his chest. You slowly looked up to him, giving him a warning look before pushing the knife back in his belt.
'We are, you are my princess that shall become the queen of all.'
'And you are looking to much to your brother.' You fired right back. Halfdan was in some cases worse than Harald, but were you scared ... no. You didn't believe stories until you had actually witnessed it. You knew he wanted you to badly to do something stupid. He grabbed your body at your waist, pushing you harshly against a tree. His dominance poured down on you from his eyes. You looked at him before he place his lips on yours and started to kiss you again. You grabbed for his leather armor, trying to not let his body push in on yours. You knew what it would do with you and you weren't planning doing it here. But the longer he kissed you, the weaker you felt inside, the more dominant he go.
'I want you.' He insisted, breaking that barrier you put up by pushing his body against yours. You caught your breath, looking up to him.
'Is there something you don't want my future King?' You mocked him. He grabbed your chin while his other hand went looking for some bare skin to touch.
'You have the tongue of your mother.'
'The temper to, be careful Halfdan, I may like you on certain levels, but loyalty doesn't shift easily.' You warned him with a stern look. He looked down on you, still with his grip tight, looking into your eyes for something he could not take serious, but there wasn't something. His grip softened while his other hand found his way to your ribs, counting them up. He kissed you again, less dominant, more enjoyable while his hand caressed your skin, leaving certain desires behind with you. 'If we conquer,' you began, catching your breath while you looked for his eyes that laid part hidden behind the strains of hair. 'you can have me.' You whispered, stroking your fingertips over the bald part of his hair. 'If I don't kill you first.' You smiled. He chuckled, giving you a long kiss you hardly could withstand.
'I'm looking forward to it.' He whispered into your ear before admitting his defeat in this and walking away. Would you ever have the nerve to challenge Halfdan the Black? Probably not but you would do anything for your own family, so if that meant killing him, so be it.