Imagine having the perfect life with Ubbe

ONESHOT
Words: 1904

You often looked in the distance. Not that you had much time to look in the distance with two childeren running around, or at least, one running and one trying. But you did eitherway, your hands lingering in the water where you were washing some clothes. It was not much where you were looking at, just the plane field around the farm. Ubbe had told you so much about this place, being King Ragnar his farm once but now he was dead, the brothers took their revenge and everything came a little to rest. Ubbe took you here, to this farm and since that day you cared for it with the most of respect, knowing that this was the place where the famous Ragnar Lothbrok onces lived, where he was a farmer before he became an Earl and even a king. And knowing his son lived here, doing the exact same thing. He went raiding, came back, loved you, fathered your childeren and went away again. It started with just the two of you, outside of Kattegat, in the piece and silence Ragnar gave his son with this place. And now it was more than that. Two childeren and a third on the way, you hand rested on the small belly you showed, still gazing in the distance and asked yourself why you deserved this. But gazing in the distance meant something else to, it meant he wasn't home and you started to miss him.

Your youngest started crying and you startled up out of thoughts, letting the half washed dress slip out of your hands before you went looking for the two. You found her crying at the floor while her older brother was looking at you with innocents. 'Raiden.' You started, signing because you knew Raiden really wanted that his sister started walking. You crouched down and took her from the ground, she rested a lot of her weight on your belly so you shifted her to your side while she snuggled her nose in your neck, still crying.
'She almost did it.' He signed. Raiden was bored when Ubbe wasn't around and with all the work you had you felt guilty for having so little time for him.
'You can't force her sweetheart.' You smiled softened and he walked over, wrapping his arms around your legs. You laid your hand on his head and stroke your fingers through his hair.
'When is father coming back?' He asked, looking up to you. Your smile died a little away, knowing Ubbe maybe wouldn't come back at all.
'Soon, I don't know.' You answered him honestly. He pulled his dissapointed face, hidding his head against your dress again. You turned your head and looked towards your daughter who was wiping away her own tears. 'Where does it hurt?' You asked her gentle. She laid her hand on her forehead and you kissed it, seeing how magical that worked and she felt better within seconds. 'Why don't we go outside?' You suggested.
'To do what?' Raiden asked angry. For a five year old he knew what he wanted in life, his sister getting to walk was his number one priority.
'Catch butterflies?'
'Yeaah.' Leanna slipped away from your arms and you putted her down, she started to crawl, precisly knowing what you just suggested. You turned towards Raiden, he looked at you, not wanting to admit to your suggestion.
'I will catch more butterflies than you.' You shrugged, walking backwards to the door. He smiled and started running outside. You looked into the farm, sighning by the work you still had to do. This life was a heavy one when you where alone and with a third on the way, surly it would be more of a mess than it already was.
'Father!' You heared Raiden yell. You jerked your head around an walked out, looking for Raiden who was running like crazy over the path. Leanna crawled, she started yelling because she wasn't fast enough so she stood up by herself. Your eyes traveled back to Raiden who jumped in his fathers arms. And that maked you the most happy, seeing how much the childeren missed him and he smiled by seeing them back. You stood against the door, looking back to Leanna who reached with her hands to her father, still standing. Once Ubbe laid his attention to her he putted Raiden down, crouching, encouraging her to take those first steps. And she did! You bited your fingertips, smiling like an idiot when Leanna set her first few steps towards her father, like she waited on the moment. He picked her up, trowing her in the air and she started giggling before she wrapped her arms around his neck and his eyes met yours. Your heart skipped a beat, you still covered your smile a little, way to happy to see him after those couple of weeks back. Raiden pulled his bag after him while Ubbe walked over to you with Leanna in his arms. He putted her down in the grass before he turned back to you, lowering his head to kiss your belly before kissed you, without a greeting, without saying a word. Your lips partened for him, stroking his beard and taking in his taste yo uso hard missed over the days. When he pulled back the both of you smiled.
'Welcome back.' You whispered. He placed another kiss on your lips.
'Hmm, missed you.' He reacted on that.
'Wedid to.' You answered, looking aside to Raiden who was emtying Ubbe his bag.
'Where it her first steps?' He asked curious. You looked to Leanna who stood up again, placing one step before the other. She litterary waited for her father to come home before learning to walk, or Raiden his work payed off.
'She waited for you.' You nodded, looking back up to him. He laid his hand on the small belly you started to show.
'And you?' He asked, full of concerne. You missed that look in his face, the look from what Lagertha always said he was just his father. Ragnar probarbly would be proud of Ubbe. He was the only one who sticked around Kattegat. Hvitserk was with Björn mostly, while Ivar was in England and Sigurd was dead.
'Good, bussy, sorry if the house is a mess, it isn't that easy to be pregnant, control two childeren and a house when your husband is away raiding.'
'I won't go anywhere soon.' He promised, leaning into you again. You wrapped an arm around his neck while he wrapped his around your middle. Until Leanna pulled on your dress and you had to let go of Ubbe. 'We finish this tonight.' He said with a fast peck before turning all his attention back to his son and daughter.

That whole evening Ubbe told Raiden everything of the raid. Leanna felt asleep on his lap way before sundown while Raiden sat aside him, Ubbe his arm wrapped over his sons shoulder. It was your favorit vieuw, seeing Ubbe with his son and daughter, so relaxed and so happy. You sat in the rockingchair, your fingers stroking your belly while you listened to everything he was telling Raiden, until the boy fell alseep to and there was only the cracking fire that maked a sound. You looked to your two childeren, leaning on their father while Ubbe gave you only that loving smile.
'They missed you, especially Raiden.' You said on a soft voice. Leanna turned a little on his lap with a deep breath and you chuckled.
'It's the only thing I'm looking forward to while I'm at a raid, coming back home.' He confessed.
'Was it that good as you told them?'
'Yes, it was a good raid.' He reacted, comforting almost. Somewhere deep down you didn't want him to leave on new adventures, but being a son of Ragnar asked that from him. You came out of the chair and walked over to him and the sleeping childeren.
'You should get some rest to.'
'I could fall asleep right here, I wouldn't mind.' He confessed.
'Well, I missed you to, give me some time with you alone to.' You smiled while taking Leanna her sleeping body in your arms. She groaned a little angry but slept further as soon as she was in your arms. Ubbe did the same for Raiden. You brought the childeren to bed, looking from in the doorway how they slept for a while. Ubbe wrapped an arm over your shoulder and you leaned in on him.
'You do a great job with them.'
'I'm not doing it alone.' You reacted. He laid his ferm hand on your belly and you looked up to him with a smile.
'I won't be raiding again for a while, not until this little one is born.' He announched. He missed Leanna her birth because he was on a raid that took a little longer than anticipated. And he had so much guilt afterwards, for leaving you in the time you probarbly needed him the most.
'I still have a few months to go. Time enough.'
'Do you want me out the house Y/n?' He joked, pulling you into your own bedroom. You chuckled, wrapping your arms around his neck.
'No, I don't. It's good to have you back. I missed my husband, the man of my childeren, the love of my life.' You confessed. He cupped your face and kissed you. You hand stroke the long braids in his hair before you landed on the bed. He pulled his shirt out and you welcomed his bare chest as much as he welcomed your soft lips.

When you got up the next morning Ubbe wasn't there. You found him outside with the childeren. He was learning Raiden some knots while Leanna practiced her walking. She saw you and kept her hands up, slowly walking over. You crouched down and you laughed when she just fell those last few steps, right into your arms. She wrapped her arms around you and you got up, walking over to Ubbe who looked up.
'Father is learning me knots.' Raiden announched excited. You smiled, standing still aside Ubbe from where he sat with Raiden. He wrapped an arm around your legs and pressed a kiss against your belly.
'Goodmorning.' He said, smiling up to you. It maked you feel all that love again in your stomach, the way he looked at you, act around you. You laid you hand on his shoulder, giving a short squeeze before you looked to Raiden who demonstrated one of his knots. Leanna started pulling on Ubbe his braids, asking for his attention so you let go of her.
'They don't like me anymore now you are back.' You joked, looking how Ubbe gave Leanna his flat hand and she started to kick it with hers.
'That's because I'm the most amazing father.' He said so serious it maked you laugh.
'Lucky for you I love him.'
'You said that yesterday to.' He looked up you, his eyes sparkling in the morningsun.
'Can't repeat it often enough.' You shruggded, leaning down to greet him with kiss.
'Same for me.' He said against your lips.
'I know.' You whispered, giving him another kiss before you looked back to Raiden. The perfect picture was this, the four, almost five, of you on a farm that belonged once to the great and famous Ragnar Lothbrok.