Imagine Ubbe taking care of your body and mind

ONESHOT
Words: 3504

There was that one day in the month you hated the most. The day a new shipment of supplies arrived, wood, iron, special tools, everything so a blacksmith would keep on running. And giving your boss, master, didn't owned a donkey you had to do it all by yourself. Because that was what slaves did, doing the heavy work, or at least that was what he always said. The best of this all was that you weren't even a slave but rather his daughter, a daughter after three successful sons. You represented nothing in his eyes, you were a tool in his work and nothing more. You were quite sure your mother wasn't your mother, that you were a bastard daughter he had with somebody else. But here you stood, one brother was a Viking, the other stayed behind in England to become a blacksmith there and the last one ... he worked aside his father. You ... you tried to heavy the weight of the day on your shoulders while carrying the shipload over to the blacksmith to only get back for more. On this kind of days your life sucked, really hard and there wasn't a sparkle of sunlight to see on the horizon. Did the gods master you in this position? They maybe had bigger plans ahead for you? You clenched to the hope that freedom would come someday, that you would know peace and rest rather than taking a load full of iron and carrying it all the way back under a burning sun and summer breeze. That was the only thing you thought of in that moment, while your arms felt like they would drop off and your back hurted like crazy.

A transparent layer of sweat covered your forehead while you carried some logs into the blacksmith. The fire heated the iron and made the air even warmer than it already was. You laid down the wood in a basket and arched your back painfully. 'Already tired sister.' You brother laughed. You turned around to him, looked how he carefully sharped a blade.
'Not at all brother.' You answered him polity. He was reasonable, but knowing your father stood not far further you needed to remember your place. You saw a grin curving his lips, something that stayed there while he worked further on the blade. You tried to be silent in your way out although the effort, he stopped you by calling out to you. 'Yes, father?' You asked, exhausted from the morning and knowing you still had to pull through the rest of the day.
'Queen Lagertha asked us to make those metals for her new defenses, bring it over to the wall, she will expect you.' He pointed to three baskets full of iron, weapons, all the heavy stuff. You signed, walking over to it without replying his words. You pulled a basket up but the heaviness of it made it slip a little out of your hands. Your father started laughing, bending over, resting his arms on his knee while he looked at you. 'You will just work as hard and good as we do, go on.' He gestured with his fingers to the door. You made the basket a little lighter, even if that meant you had to double the times you had to walk to the wall and back. Crying stood closer than laughing while you walked out of the blacksmith towards the wall Lagertha was building. You walked the road, less than minutes before you rested out in between two houses, crouching down, covering your head in between your hands.
'Y/N?' You heard a voice. Recognizing it you jerked your head up and started to wipe away the lost tears.
'Ubbe.' You forced a smile on your lips, getting up and ready to walk on.
'What's going on?' he stopped you. You looked down, shaking your head.
'Nothing my prince.' You answered. He laid his hand against your neck, pushing your chin up with his thumb.
'I'm not your prince. It's me.' He reassured you. He knew you weren't keen on trusting others, because you were afraid to fall in the same of mistreat like you had with your family. More, you were afraid, afraid that somebody would make a connection, a connection that your father maybe wouldn't approve of. You looked up into those blue eyes and slowly started to break down on this inside.
'Nothing, I'm fine.' You smiled, although you couldn't really call in at smile. Ubbe looked onto the road before he pulled you further in between the houses. Your eyes went to the basket with iron, not wanting to leave it out of your side.
'You look tired, tell me.' He asked, softening his voice in his concern for your wellbeing. You shook your head, looking into the curves of the wood the house was built in. 'Y/n, please.' He begged, hands cupping your face so you were forced to look to him.
'I just can't handle this anymore.' You admitted, on the verge of crying again. 'I had to carry the whole morning supplies from the ship into the blacksmith, listening to their condescending comments, how they laugh with my broken body,' you took in a new breath while Ubbe pulled you against his body. Your fingers crabbed for the fabrics, resting your head against his chest, wishing that this moment just could repeat itself over and over and over again. Your breath sounded shaky when it got back out, listening to his steady breathing you felt your body getting back in control of the moment. Wrapped in the security of his arms you regained a little bit of hope. He stroke your hair until you moved your head up and his fingers found the sensitive skin of your neck, a thumb caressing the dirt away from your sweating face.
'Let me help you.' He suggested. He knew how careful and stubborn you could be, certainly around him. You really were scared of the love he gave you, scared that it would vanish into nothing while he kept repeating that it wouldn't happen.
'I don't want my father to see the two of us together.' You protested. His hands tightened around you face, demanding justice for the ruthlessness your father treated you with.
'I can't bare the sight of you in so much pain and sadness. Let me help you.' He repeated himself in despair. He really was concerned about your wellbeing.
'Ubbe,' But before you even could finish that sentence he placed his lips on yours, holding on to your neck in his tender embrace. You fingers wrapped around his wrists while you stumbled a little back, resting your body against the wall of the house. You really sunk down in his love, the way his lips moved against yours, his taste filling you with that tangling feeling down in your stomach.
'Let me take care of you.' He whispered, longing for you to apply to his wish. His lips kissed your dirty skin and you just closed your eyes humming on the only positive feeling of today. 'Is that a yes?' He asked with a soft smile. He returned to you, looking you into the eyes with that bright gaze of his.
'Maybe.' You said with a little doubt, relaxing in his presents.
'Say yes.'
'Yes Ubbe.' You surrendered. He pecked your lips and the only thing you could do was pull up a smile.
'I rather see you smiling, you are way to beautiful to cry.' He said, twirling a strain of your hair between his fingers before tugging it behind your ear. You looked down a little shyly before gazing back to the basket.
'I should go, I don't want my father to start asking questions.' You murmured, protesting your own words.
'I will get you out of this situation someday, I promise.' He whispered, placing a kiss against your temple as you started walking.
'Don't make promises you can't keep Ubbe.' You said, holding on to each other's hands until the distance become too big and the last thing your touched were his fingertips with yours.