Imagine Hvitserk and Ubbe loving you both

ONESHOT
Words: 2862

You had knot up your dress to your knees so it wouldn't get wet from standing in the water. With that self-made spear in your hand you were scouting the surface for fish. Your father was maybe an excellent fisher but you on the other hand ... you always got him mad when you came home empty handed. But that was your life, being the daughter of a fisherman and a farmer. You loved your mother side of the work more often than this, standing with cold feet in the water waiting until the fish were just to you and started to come closer again. But your timing was always bad, you spear sunk in the water without piercing a fish, leaving you empty handed so you had to wait again. You signed, turning around to the beach only to find Ubbe there looking at you. 'How long have you been standing there?' You asked with a shyly smile. He had his arms crossed before his chest, his braid over his shoulder, covered in enough fur so you got spontaneous warm from looking, or thinking how it would be to be in his embrace.
'How long you think?' He asked with a smile. You looked back to the water, the pointy edges of the spear.
'Long enough to see me fail?' You had to raise your voice a little so he would hear it. What really didn't suit you, you always were a soft talker.
'Do you need some help?' He asked not far after. You shook your head immediately, not wanting him, the prince of Kattegat to help out a simple farmers girl. Despite you were just that, you had two sons of Ragnar behind you, the two eldest, Ubbe and Hvitserk. Feeling that kind of admiring sparked your self confident.
'I will be fine.' You reacted, turning back to the water. But it the corner of your eye you saw him pull of his shoes, leaving that and the fur on the beach before walking into the water. 'I said I'm fine.' You repeated yourself when he was closing in.
'You're such a bad liar Y/n.' He smiled. You looked to that smile before your eyes traveled back to the water, almost shy for your own staring. He came to stand behind you, a hand sliding over your shoulder, arm, to the hand that held the spear. Your back rested against his chest and you bited your lip, looking over your shoulder to how he leaded your body in the best position to catch fish. He loved to touch you, guiding you almost. Ubbe was always so tenderly gentle with you. And how soft his touch may be, you felt warmth for feeling the little details. 'Stay focused.' He reminded you amused for your thought took another course.
'Yes, sure, thank you for learning me.' You whispered, not knowing if fish could hear you. His free hand sneaked around your waist, taking the spear so you were totally in his embrace.
'I would do anything for you.' He answered that, his warm breath tickling your neck as he watched to the surface over your shoulder. 'Can you stay tonight?' He asked, turning the spear a little as the fish started to swim around you again.
'How can you ask that while being so concentrated?' You asked tensed, knowing that spear could hit water any minute. He chuckled softly, resting his chin on your shoulder. But he didn't answer, he was focused and you almost startled if that spear sunk under water, causing the rumples over the surface of the steady bay.
'Because it's easy.' He said with a certain triumph, pulling the spear out so you saw the fish hooked on it. You screamed joyful, out of happiness you caught something and your father wouldn't be entirely mad at you. You turned around to Ubbe, eyes sparkling from excitement for your first real catch. Although you didn't do much, it made you happy. And clearly Ubbe to because he smiled that wide open smile, before pulling you in an embrace. He stroke with his thumb a strain of hair out of your face, enjoying the view of your happiness, how stupid it could be.
'Thank you.' You thanked him on a sweet innocent voice.
'You stay?'
'Maybe.'
'Please?' He begged even more innocent.
'Maybe.' You repeated yourself. He placed his lips on yours and your fingers felt like feathers against his jawline, hardly wanting to touch him because you always were to careful. His kiss was tenderly, moving you around in his arms so you hardly could do something else then you laughing. 'Good, I will stay.' You agreed. He kissed your cheek, your neck, soft pressures in a speed up pace before he pulled back and you had that outstanding view on his blue eyes.
'Good.' He said, giving you the spear with the fish. You looked down to it, smiling like an idiot while Ubbe walked back out of the water back to his shoes and fur cloak.

That afternoon you were helping your mother by getting into the village with her donkey to storage the hay for coming winter in one of the sheds. Everybody needed to pay his part in the working environment of Kattegat. Your mother was payed for this, you delivered. But transporting hay from the cart behind the donkey to the shed wasn't easy work, it wasn't even woman work. You stroke your hand over your sweaty forehead before pulling another bale into the shed. And to be honest, you really didn't wanted to store it in this manor, build up high so you had to climb two bales before you could stock. You tossed it on the second level of bales when you heard your name. 'Yes?' You turned around trying to look for who was calling out to you. From this position you hardly couldn't see the entrance of the shed. But you recognized the voice, who wouldn't.
'Where are you?' Hvitserk asked.
'Come and find me.' You challenged him. You and Hvitserk were different than it was with Ubbe. With Hvitserk there was always room to play a game, to joke around, while Ubbe was that tenderly kind of guy, meaning every act he did. You heard Hvitserk walking over the wooden floor, hardly suppressing a smile when he showed up. He looked up at you with that challenging cocked up smile of him.
'Do you want me to get up there to catch you?' He asked you playfully. Your fingers were playing a strand of hay, you looked at it, nodding on his words. It hardly took him second to jump on the first bale. You started to laugh, running away of the storage bales to the other side, sliding yourself off it back down. But he was faster, he was a Viking, he anticipated every move you made. The thrill of the hunt pushed the adrenaline through your body. And when he grabbed you around the waist from behind you couldn't do something else than loud laughing. You both lost balance, falling down to the first level of bales again where you both landed between the hay, messing up your hair and his. You were still laughing, catching a strand of hay from between his braids.
'You were looking for me?' You asked innocent. He turned around on his stomach, weaving his fingers through yours while pushing them aside your head in the hay.
'Found you.' He reacted satisfied. He kissed you, chest contacting with yours for which a shivering rushed through your body. Hvitserk was different, more eager, less careful. But you loved that as much as the tenderness Ubbe had. It wasn't fair, enjoying both the brothers like you did now. He let go of one hand and you laid your hand in his neck, getting lost in the kiss that grew every second a little bit deeper. You felt his hand on the leg from which your knee rested against his side. He pulled the dress up underneath his hands and touched your skin.
'Hvitserk.' You breathed heavy against his lips when his fingers trailed up over your leg.
'I want to touch you, can't I touch you?' He asked, lips caressing your cheek before he opened his eyes and looked at you.
'It's not fair.' You began, swallowing your own thoughts a little.
'What isn't?' He asked, relaxing his body and grip, removing his fingers from your skin.
'That I have affection for Ubbe to.' You pointed out. Hvitserk smiled, pecking your lips fast.
'As long as he doesn't mind and I don't mind what is the problem?'
'It feels like I betray you, or him.' You looked away but he leaded your head back by laying his fingers under your chin, gently.
'We don't mind. We will prove you.' He wanted to come up, all eagerly smiling again.
'Hvitserk.' You grabbed him with his clothes back. He looked at you, questionable. 'I'm still,'
'and I respect and admire you, don't be scared.' He winked, jumping of the bales and walking away, leaving you there to doubt this relationship with both the brothers yet again.