Imagine being shared between Harald and Halfdan - II

Words: 4877

After days, weeks finally the figures of a dooming Kattegat rose up out of the fog. You looked over your shoulder to the ten ships sailing behind, ready to join King Harald into battle. You didn't left with the brothers, you stayed behind a little longer until all the weapons and boats were ready. You waited for the last of his allies while he and his brother already sailed with the largest part of the army towards Kattegat. In this way you backed up King Harald with ten more boats and a lot more fighting spirit on board. You grabbed a rope and pulled yourself on the edge of the boat, gazing to Kattegat. Your cloak slowly stroke on the soft wind, the silence embracing all boats while you sailed that last part into Kattegat. You noticed King Harald standing there, fierce, proud for seeing the amount of extra men you brought. He had his brother by his side and another tall man, from which you thought it was Björn Ironside. It was the first time you came to Kattegat, the first time you would meet those famous Ragnarssons. As soon as the boat hit the docks you jumped out, pulling the cloak from you head, pulling the corner of your mouth up while you spread your arms. 'Your men.' You bowed for King Harald. He smiled, both his fingers rested on his belt while he looked to the boats your brought.
'Y/n,' he began, looking over your body, swallowing the words he was planning on saying before he turned to the man aside him. 'Björn Ironside.' He introduced you. You looked from Harald to Björn and nodded with a short smile.
'Heard a lot from you.'
'And who may you be?' He replied the question right back, eyes scouting your body for an answer and more. You felt an arm from behind you crossing over your chest.
'Mine.' Halfdan answered, placing his nose underneath your ear, taking in your smell.
'Y/n, she is one of our best fighters.' King Harald introduced you. Björn looked at you, a glare that challenged you before he shifted his eyes back to Harald.
'I can imagine.' He said on a lower voice before he pointed towards the village. 'Welcome in Kattegat.' Björn invited you into this place. You nodded, looking how he walked away before you settled your eyes back on King Harald.
'You ready to fight in the great Heathen army?' He asked you.
'Offcourse she is ready.' Halfdan answered in your place. You turned around to him, he grabbed you at your throat, a thumb trailing you cheekbone before that little stupid grin came on his face and he kissed you. His hand stroke from your throat to the back, fingers grabbing into your hair while his kiss grew more hungry. 'By the gods, did I miss you.' He whispered against your lips. It was a while, you felt the same. You pulled back and looked up to him with a smile while he gazed into your eyes. 'What did you do back home?' He asked, looking how his finger trailed the tattoo on your face.
'Nothing other than what King Harald asked from me.' You reassured him. The men back home knew you were Halfdan his property, they wouldn't undermine him. Here, only the way Björn looked at you was already enough for Halfdan to keep you close.
'Look.' Harald all of the sudden said. You and Halfdan turned around and looked at the obsession Harald showed in his eyes.
'What?'
'There she is.' He pointed out, looking aside to Halfdan. 'You don't recognize her?' He asked. You followed both their eyes to a woman with blond braided hair, fragile in her steps, posture of a princess. It hit you right in the moment.
'Is that your princess you were looking for?' You asked, looking aside to King Harald. Not that you really didn't need an answer, his expressions said enough.
'She was the one that told me to become king of all Norway, she is the one I'm thinking about every day.'
'I hope you never imagined me to be her.' You pointed out, giving him a short look. Not that she wasn't stunning, but you would never be princess material, you always wanted to stand in the heat of battle, not sitting on a throne ruling lands.
'I'm already imagining you with a dress.' Halfdan whispered in your ear. You pulled a half smile on your lips, feeling how his fingertips eagerly scouted the small of your back.
'She is finally here.' Harald praised, still looking at his princess.
'Well, go talk with her then.' Halfdan grinned, giving him a little push before he wrapped an arm around your shoulder, pressing you against his side. 'I need you.'
'You need me to do what?' You asked him politely, wrapping your fingers around the clothes at his chest.
'In a dress?' He suggested.
'The only time you will see me in a dress is when I marry.' You answered that right back, and you weren't really eager to marry either.
'Only to tear it from your body it is worth the wait.' He muttered while leaning in on you. You started laughing, embracing his head with one hand while he kissed you again. King Harald was looking to the both of you so you pulled back, frowning your eyebrow.
'Thinking your princess will never do this in public?' You teased him. He locked his fingers after his belt again, judging you with his eyes. 'Or regretting letting me go?' You followed. Harald opened his mouth, eyes slowly getting down over your body. You felt Halfdan his grip tighten, knowing he wasn't planning on sharing you again any time soon.
'Careful what you tell her brother.' Halfdan said. It wasn't a warning, it was brother agaist brother. 'Fools.' You reacted to the glares they both threw to each other before walking away.