Imagine being shared between Harald and Halfdan - III

Words: 5128

You gazed to the ceiling of the room, over thinking the things that haunted you for the past two years. The good ... the bad ... the heartbreaking. You never thought that making decisions was your way to go but here you laid on the bed, over thinking that again. Did you ever doubt your choice? Often, you choose in a single fast heartbeat, giving the one up for the other. Just as that second time. Two years ... that was wat had gone by, two years of over thinking, two years where you asked yourself always the same question. Would it be better to choose the one for the other? As a warrior you acted on commands, which you had done for years. You stood aside Harald and his brother through every battle. You loved them, the one more than the other. And they didn't ask you to choose, you just did, ending you up right here in a bed beside him. That was one choice, the other ... was a life of death choice. Clearly you were pregnant from after making that first choice but you choose to get rid of it, you poisoned yourself, getting that unborn child out of your system like it was hardly more than a goat you sacrificed. It was wrong, it didn't fit, it just wasn't right, not for you, not for him and even not for Harald. You hated making choices, those two had put you in a whole there was no crawling back from. Luckily that whole is precisely where you wanted to be.
'You're thinking again.' His husky morning voice pulled you out of your thoughts. He turned on his stomach, laying his hand on yours. You turned your eyes and looked at him, his brown hair laid unbraided and wild over his shoulders, you liked it that way.
'Somebody needs to do the thinking.' You teased. Harald tugged you closer and you did, resting your fingertips against his jawlines.
'Ivar asked us to come to Kattegat for a reason.'
'That crippled idiot is the least of my concern.'
'My brother?' He guessed. You choose Harald out of loyalty. He saved you once, you obeyed him. But it stung your heart to see leave knowing it would blacken his heart even more. You missed him, sharing a bed with Harald wasn't the same. 'We can count on him.' 'If you say so my king.' You obeyed. He touched your face before grabbing a hold of it, kissing you as passionate as he always did. If it just was ... but no, you choose King Harald Finehair.

'Ivar The Boneless, long time no see.' King Harald greeted Ivar when the both of you set foot in Kattegat. You jumped out of the boat, cloaked in black, a hand resting on the handle of your sword as you stayed foot aside Harald.
'King Harald.' Ivar smiled. It wasn't a meaningful smile and you just frowned your eyebrows on it. 'Y/n, still playing the stinky little dog I see.' Ivar greeted you.
'Dogs bite Ivar, be careful what you say to one.' You warned him with an almost polite smile.
'Trust me, she has the teeth.' Harald made a joke about it and he and Ivar started laughing. Last time you saw Ivar he was crawling around and using a chariot. Now he had some kind of metal legs, could move on crutches. Probably made him more dangerous than he already was, he wasn't a boy anymore that was for sure. 'Does anybody know of our arrival?' King Harald asked while he walked aside Ivar through the muddy street. You looked over your shoulder back to the docks, nobody but him was waiting, you didn't even sail under King Harald his banner. Ivar stopped, looking over his shoulder to you before he looked aside to Harald.
'If you mean your brother, no.'
'How is doing?'
'Picking the wrong side of the camp.' Ivar replied. Camp? Sides? What was he up to? You followed him into a little house not far of the docks. 'The dog should stay watch.' Ivar nodded to you. Harald laughed, looking over his shoulder to you as he shook his head.
'Y/n stays, you can trust her.' Harald defended you. You nodded, closing the door behind you.
'I don't trust love, you loved once. Isn't it.'
'And I choose loyalty over it, is there something else I need to explain to you other than the black eye you will have tomorrow morning?' You asked calm, slowly walking over to him. He amused himself with you, he prayed on you and you hated that about him, more now than two years ago. He grew smarter, but more arrogant, you didn't liked his attitude.
'Y/n.' You froze, pulling back on Harald his silent commanded.
'Sit.' Ivar smiled, like you were a dog, and your hand flew right out, kicking him right at his face. He lost his balance on his crutches, lucky for him there was a table that saved the day. He was laughing, loud, amused while he strokes his own cheek and turned back to you. 'I like you.' He praised your fierce outburst. You stepped a little back, leaning against the wall while Harald took a seat aside Ivar. 'You still want to become king of all Norway?' Ivar asked him. Your eyes trailed towards your king. He didn't talked about it in the two years that passed, yes, he had conquered a lot. But after his last attempted to take over Kattegat he didn't tried it anymore, certainly not with not by his side.
'Why are you asking Ivar?' Harald asked.
'There is somebody in Kattegat out for your title, your lands, giving there is one brother here there is already enough information changed around.' Ivar began. Your eyes widened, looking aside to Harald who just stayed his calm self. 'Lagertha wants to punish you for what you did two years ago. She is planning on tearing you apart off course,' he felt silent while chuckling looking aside to you. 'after tearing you apart.' He followed.
'My brother is in on this?' Harald asked. You could see from the frown in his forehead he wasn't pleased. But you really didn't trust the snake sitting on the other end of the table.
'He followed Björn over the Mediterranean sea, is here already for two whole years. You never showed up, so, if you ask me loyalty shifted.' Ivar looked in between the two of you. Harald looked aside him to you and you just shook your head. wouldn't betray his brother, he just wouldn't. But two years ... you only wanted to believe it wasn't true, maybe Ivar was right. 'I can help you.' Ivar offered.
'For which price?' You asked. Ivar looked over to you, a dark slick smile spreading over his lips.
'Killing Lagertha.' He answered, looking back to Harald. 'There is a feast tonight in the great hall, I invite you, both.'
'To do what?' You almost interrupted him, changing a look with Harald before you pulled out of the matter giving that you weren't in any place to give demands.
'So you believe what I say is true. Ask it Lagertha, ask , ask everybody, they will be so surprised, I'm already looking forward to the looks on their faces when we walk in.' He said, amused. You looked down to the ground, not knowing what to think. If Lagertha was planning on striking Harald you needed to be ready but where you ready to face ? Would you really believe he was siding with Lagertha on taking over his brothers kingdom? You swallowed, looking back up in the blue eyes that made Ivar so terrifying. 'What do you both say?' He asked with that smug grin. This was his little game, a game you wanted to know the outcome from. On which side stood that crippled bastard, what was it that he wanted? Looking at him wouldn't make a different, you needed to confront with it.