@MrBendezedrine

MrBendezedrine is an amazing writer on Wattpad, and has written books such as 'Face Down' which has 165k reads, and 'The Kids Aren't Alright' which has 10k reads. It was brilliant to interview them, and here is what they had to say!

Why did you start writing on Wattpad?

I starting writing because I had been reading so much. My first works were One Direction fanfics, and I had just read so many and felt left out because I wasn't producing anything or doing anything creative in my fandom.

What's been your proudest moment on Wattpad?

My proudest moment was when Face Down, my first completed work, hit 100k reads. It was something that I had dreamed of but never actually expected to happen. I was on vacation at the time and was just completely shocked and didn't know how to react.
However, I love celebrating the little things on Wattpad. Whenever I complete a story or begin a new one, I get that proud creative rush, like I've actually done something. It also just makes my day when someone votes on every chapter, or if I gain a new, dedicated reader. Above all else, I feel the proudest when someone sends me a message. It could be as simple as hi I like your writing, but it will just absolutely make my week and really makes me happy.

Where do you get your inspiration from?

Most of my ideas just kind of pop into my head at random times, usually in the shower or late at night. A lot of my inspiration I draw comes from music and specific songs, or from a specific scene I see in a TV show or movie.

I'm also trying to get into writing original works and sci-fi, and the inspiration I get for some of those ideas have come from classes I take in school. For example, I thought about writing a nuclear winter story from my Nuclear Science class and had another idea about genetic modification in humans from my Medical Interventions class. Neither has developed into a full story, but I still love the ideas!

Which book has been the most fun to write?

My current fanfic, The Kids Aren't Alright, has been my favorite, but also the most meaningful to me. It deals with high school and bullying, and also brings light to the problems the LGBT community faces. I've tried really hard to encompass this and make it as realistic as possible, and I've gotten a lot of great feedback on it. To me, it's been something more than just another work that I'm writing. I'm also really excited for the end, and I've got a ton of literary devices and tricks up my sleeve! Compositionally, it's been my most creative work, and it's also been my best writing.

What's the hardest part about writing on Wattpad?

The hardest part for me is writing frequently. With my first full week, I was able to write and update at least once or twice a week. But as I've progressed in school, I've had to cut that down between work and sports and band and AP classes and standardized tests. I'm applying to colleges this fall, and that's also something that will inhibit me, unfortunately.

What type of chapters are the most fun to write?

I love the final few chapters the most! I'm one of those sadistic writers who enjoys manipulating readers' emotions, it makes me feel giddy inside. I'm a terrible person. My current work is in its final few chapters, and this is definitely going to be one of those big finales. I'm really excited because all of the stuff that's going to go down will have a bigger and broader meaning than just this book, and I'm really excited to write it. Most of all, I really hope my readers will take something away from it, rather than just enjoying the ending of another fanfiction.

And finally, what advice would you give to a new writer on Wattpad?

NEVER give up writing! There are so many reasons for this. First of all, if it's something that you love to do, don't get discouraged if there's no incoming votes and comments at first, they will come, I promise! If you write often, you will also find it to be a lot easier, more enjoyable, and your writing will significantly improve. On the whole ordeal with votes and reads and comments, the more you update, the more those numbers will increase. You'll get a sort of snowball effect with every chapter you write if you update frequently.

Honestly, just write whatever you want to write and don't get discouraged! Wattpad has an amazing community and has so many resources to help you. You can discover a whole new person inside of you if you're passionate about writing and you just don't give up!

***

That was my lovely interview with MrBendezedrine !

Comment who you'd like to see interviewed next!