@concussive

concussive is a fabulous writer on Wattpad who has written works such as  'Once A Legend' which has 397k reads! It was really great to interview her, and here is what they had to say!

Why did you start writing on Wattpad?

I started writing on Wattpad because I met a friend who used the site. This was years and years and years ago, and I don't even on the same account as then, but her sharing the site with me is why I'm here. I'd always loved writing (since middle school), and I've got thousands of ideas bouncing around in my brain. It's been awesome to have an audience for the worlds inside me.

What's been your proudest moment on Wattpad?

My proudest moment on Wattpad was when Once A Legend (aka DESTIN) won a Watty in 2017. Words cannot describe how in shock and thrilled I was/have been since that moment.

Where do you get your inspiration from?

I get my inspiration from literally everywhere! I always read and watch shows and movies, and though sometimes those can be inspiring, I've found the best inspiration in everyday life. Just wondering "but what if THIS happened?" while you're going about normal business can make things a thousand times more interesting.

Which book has been the most fun to write?

The most FUN book I've ever written has not actually been exposed to Wattpad. It's a superhero series, of sorts, but it's not made it on here yet. As for projects that are on here, definitely Once A Legend.

What's the hardest part about writing on Wattpad?

The hardest things about writing on Wattpad are probably A) I can't write on it as much as I want to because when reality kicks in I get SUPER busy, and B) the commenters who are either trying to pick a fight or giving solely criticism that isn't constructive. I may be older and wiser than my teenage years, but goshdarnit if that doesn't rub me some kinda way. Thankfully, the overwhelming majority of my commenters are thoughtful, engaging and encouraging, it's just those rare few that can really kill my inspiration and mood.

What's your favourite characters to write and why?

Well you see, my dude, I probably most enjoy writing strong female characters. But honestly I couldn't ACTUALLY pick a favorite "type" of character. I enjoy variety, and something about bouncing around different types of characters and different personalities is just SO FUN to me! From the über sassy and quick-witted to the soft but strong to the withdrawn and unexpected. I enjoy all of 'em. But if I HAD to pick "the most fun", I'd probably have to go with strong females. Because that can look like absolutely ANYTHING, and that is the most fun of all.

And finally, what advice would you give to a new writer on Wattpad?

Write about what you LOVE! Throw your heart and soul into your work! If you really enjoy fanfic, have at it! Romcoms, scifi, adventure, more out of the box stuff ... just give it your all! Read published works! Be open to constructive criticism, seek out people you trust to help you in that regard, and JUST — KEEP — WRITING!

***

That was my lovely interview with concussive !

Comment who you'd like to see interviewed next!