@TheGirlWhoDiedWolf

TheGirlWhoDiedWolf is a great account home to books like 'Frerard One Shots' which has 5k reads. It was amazing to interview them and this is what they had to say!

Why did you start writing on Wattpad?

Well, four score and seven years ago...
Really, more like 4/5 years ago I made an account and posted cringey stories but kept deleting them before i'd even gotten anywhere near finishing. Then came November 2015. The year I discovered the one, almighty gayship to rule them all; Frerard. I always sneered and turned my nose up at people who wrote/read fanfiction.. and then I started reading it. Long story short, I fell into the endless void and became addicted and decided to pick up my love for writing again by channeling it into this gay ship and mixing in my obsession with the supernatural; that's one thing I kept from my early days of wattpad.

So then came my oneshots book where I decided to just dip my toes into the gay waters and start off with something not so crazy before I committed to a full fic. I was trying to think how I could integrate something like werewolves or whatever (because apparently I have some crazy obsession with all things supernatural; mainly werewolves) and make it somewhat original. Then I had the brilliant idea of turning one of my favourite childhood werewolf movies (Ginger snaps- if you haven't seen it then please do, it is brilliant) into a frerard but making it my own. And then, the rest as they say is history.

Where do you get your inspiration from?

Well, referring to my previous answer, I get a lot of my inspiration from movies i've seen, tv shows I watch. But I also get a lot of heavy inspiration from music: this was a major inspo point for me when writing my first fic. Aha and I just remembered, I also get a lot of inspiration from my dreams. Otherwise, most of my inspo is from my own imagination. I daydream a shitlot, so much so that I end up creating entire scenarios in my brain and then i get all this nervous energy because i need to get it all written, whih is where a lot of my oneshots comes from. I'm also inspired by my friends and the fics I read because there are a lot of fucking talented people on the internet. A lot of frerard writers such as doctorgay, motherpanic, tragician_child, zeppelinspaced and there's so many more I haven't named but they're all brilliant and seeing them all be successful on this platform from what I thought to be a dying ship is really very inspiring. Another major inspo factor is comments and people who genuinely enjoy the stuff I write and give me really lovely feedback. It's like motivation and inspiration all jumbled up into one. Honestly, getting positive reactions from people, or seeing that your writing can make people feel  things is just... Idk it's crazy to think about. It's just the best fucking feeling.

What's your favourite book on Wattpad?

Hmm... This is a bit of a tough one because i've read a lot of fics on here so I can't narrow it down to only one. And also i'm a slow reader and have like commitment issues to reading, so fics that I know are going to be really good are sat in my library, waiting to be opened up. But, i'll name a few that i've read on here that really hit me on the feels, because most of my faves come off AO3.

Artistic Fingers by @doctorgay

Cemetery Drive by @imsomewhatokaysugar

Bubble wrap my heart by motherpanic

The animals series by tragician_child

Aha, I just remembered the first ever story I finished on this website, like four years ago. My Wattpad Love. Ahh, the good ol' days of wattpad. That book was me and my friend's lives that summer. We used to discuss it like a proper book club because we sort of read it as it was being updated. It was fun. It was also a pretty good book from what I rememver, but I feel like if I ever re-read it, my opinion would have changed lmao.

What's the best part about writing on Wattpad?

I guess i've already said this but one of the best parts about writing on here is getting like regular readers and makig friends, because it creates like this little community and you can all fangirl with each other about this little second-life we lead on here. It's fun to just get lost in this site sometimes whether it be writing, reading or conversing with people like you wouldn't if it were real life. It's a nice escape.

What's been your proudest moment on Wattpad?

My proudest moment...? Well, i've had a few, but obviously my most proud moment would have to be when I finished my first fic. I'm notorious for never finishing things, like ever. So for me to have finished something (despite the fact I am currently working on a sequel for it) is just a major accomplishment. It's made me a different person, tbh, bc I always doubt myself irl, and I need to work on that.

Do you listen to music when you write?

I do listen to music when I write, only sometimes. But, I realised it distracts me more than helps me because i so easily distracted. If I did listen to music, my advice would be from now on to listen to music without lyrics because when you're writing, those lyrics could actually stunt or confuse your thought process, rather than assist it. I recommend ThePianoGuys channel on youtube; they do brilliant covers of instrumentals and shit. My personal favourite by them is a cover of a song from the soundtrack off kung fu panda; yeah, yeah I know what you're thinking. It's called oogway ascends, but honestly it's such a beautiful cover. Give it a listen, it will change your life. I obsessively listened to it for months after I first heard it because it just really struck a chord with me. I think they even have original music. Another fave is Lindsey Stirling. She's lit.

And finally, what advice would you give to a new writer on Wattpad?

Shia Labeouf mode activate; JUST. DO. IT.

No, but honestly, if you're super passionate about writing or even if it's just a way to pass the time or get your mind off things or whatever, GO FOR IT. Just create that account, get that draft written and don't do what I do; read over your stuff and edit. I'm a shit for not editing things. But yeah

There's no point sitting around if you want to write. If you feel that urge, listen to your gut and don't be discouraged if you don't start getting reads straightaway because who does, really? Everyone's gotta start from the bottom. The point is, as long as your heart is in the right place and you have a desire for your words to be heard, then everything else will follow. Besides, you might even make friends along the way and I think that's the best part of it all. So just do it.

***

That was my lovely interview with TheGirlWhoDiedWolf !

Comment who you'd like to see interviewed next!