@steffy_t

steffy_t is a well-loved account on Wattpad, home to books such as 'The Seat Filler' which has 1.57 million reads, and they have 15.7 k followers. It was lovely to interview them and here is what they had to say!

When did you start writing on Wattpad?

2012 when I was fifteen years old.

Which book has been your favourite to write?

Definitely The Seat Filler. It's just been such a fun experience to write and I feel like I really connect more to my characters in TSF than in anything else I've written so far.

How did it feel to hit 1 million reads for the first time?

It was insane! I freaked out in class when I reached 100,000 so reaching a million reads on Blind Attraction was such an honour. I really didn't think it'd happen.

How did it feel to win a Watty?

I was actually in Japan and I checked my Wattpad and all these people were congratulating me and I was so, so, so confused and jet-lagged haha. It was really special to me because it was a HQ Love Watty and it was so warming to be noticed by the Wattpad Team.

What's the best part about writing on Wattpad?

Definitely the community. Having readers is one thing but having readers that comment and interact is another. Everyone is so supportive and positive that it really pushes you to keep writing and explore your creativity. I definitely couldn't have achieved half of what I have without them.

Who are your writing inspirations?

Jandy Nelson, John Green, Sarah Dessen, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and J.K Rowling of course.

And finally, what advice would you give to a new writer on Wattpad?

I'd definitely tell a new writer to just go for it on Wattpad and expect the unexpected. Being new to Wattpad is so exciting, especially publishing something for the first time ever so I think just going for it without thinking of judgement or anything like that would be my biggest advice because we've all got to start somewhere.

***

That was my lovely interview with steffy_t !

Comment who you'd like to see interviewed next!