@OliviaLovesSnow

OliviaLovesSnow is an amazing writer on Wattpad who has written books such as 'Sis' which has 1.82 million reads and 'Mum' which has 419k reads. It was lovely to interview them, and here is what they had to say!

Why did you start writing on Wattpad?

I was so driven by my passion for the Minecraft fandom, I thought that if I didn't pour that out in some way, I would explode. And fan fiction writing on Wattpad was a perfect outlet for that.

What's been your proudest moment on Wattpad?

I am proud everyday. I am so proud and flattered by all the love and support my lovely snowflakes never cease to show me. These people are the nicest human beings you will ever meet, and I really don't deserve them. But I think the biggest moment for me ever on Wattpad was when Sis reached one million reads on Wattpad. I could not. Freaking. Believe it. And I still don't. And I can never say it enough. Thank you all so much for that <3

You've written quite a lot of books, where do you get your inspiration from?

Much of it starts with one question: "What if I..."
I have almost a resentment against reality, because I have such a strong desire to live out adventures I know will never happen. Because of this limitation, I plan these adventures out in my head, giving myself a very rich inner life, which is the way I like it. I put myself in different situations, and explore the possibilities for myself. Then they grow and grow, and every once in a while they stick to the wall and become tangible ideas. Then I change the protagonist to someone best suited for that specific story. It really just comes from wanting a way to live my own adventures.

Which book has been the most fun to write?

Pastel for sure. I feel it's my best work, and it's very symbolic of what I want in this world and what I want to do for it, like me sticking a flagpole in the sand. I actually began to discover many aspects of myself while writing it: What I want to do, who I want to be. I changed SO much to be just like Mary (the protagonist) in many ways. You don't realize you're subconsciously writing your own diagnosis on the pages and then prescribing yourself the right medication through the development you put the character through and the lesson the character, and in turn, you, learn. Plus I am like the BIGGEST Monsters, Inc. fan that has ever walked this Earth. YOU HEAR ME PIXAR??

Are you planning on writing anymore books?

I am! Thank you for asking. I am currently working on three books, two very dark young adult stories, and one fairytale-esc picture book. They're all my babies and I absolutely love them to death.

What's the hardest part about writing on Wattpad?

The hardest part is the fear of letting down your readers, whether it's not updating on time, or it's you feeling you didn't deliver the quality your readers deserve. But that kind of pressure is what toughens you up, especially for the real world.

And finally, what advice would you give to a new writer on Wattpad?

Make friends. Reach out to people in their DMs and strike up a conversation about you both liking the same fandom or thanking them for their thoughtful comment. I have made so many friends on here that I've known for years and still talk to today. Also, wattpad is a fantastic cite where you can express passions you have for any fandom, and just writing for that matter. But you should only be motivated by three things: Your love for a specific fandom or for writing (or both), your wish to meet new people who are passionate about the same things as you, and your desire to better your craft of writing through practice and by accepting constructive feedback, whether it's good or bad. Never be motivated by a desire to become "famous." If that's all you're here for, you'll never make it through the long haul and self discipline it takes to make your writing the best you can make it. And most of all, have fun! It's fuel to the soul ;)

***

That was my lovely interview with OliviaLovesSnow !

Comment who you'd like to see interviewed next!