Chapter 17:

Lauren's POV:

It's Halloween.

I scrambled out my bed excitedly, opening up my bedroom window to let in the cold, crisp air. The scent of fall brought an immediate smile to my face as I grabbed my phone from the side of my bed.

Lauren – 09:02: Happy Halloween!

I ran back to the open window to gaze out at the dead leaves falling from the trees every time the wind would blow slightly.

Camila – 09:03: Happy Halloweennnnnn!

I smiled before locking my phone to prepare myself for the day. I had to go grab my costume at 3 and the party started at 6, which gave me plenty of free time. Still stood beside my window with that thought in mind, I sent another text to Camila.

Lauren – 09:06: Do you want to go and grab a coffee?

I consciously licked my lips that had dried up with the coldness of the air.

Camila – 09:06: I'd love to. Starbucks?

I chuckled at how 'Starbucks' had become our little go-to place. Sad? Starbucks. Happy? Starbucks. Need to talk? Starbucks. That had become our routine these past 3 months of knowing one another.

I got a shower and slipped on something casual and comfortable - that was my favorite thing about fall. No more having to wear shorts, vest tops or t-shirts. I could wear something snug and get away with it.

-

"Any plans for today?" Shay asked me once I got to the coffee place, wearing her usual bright smile. Sometimes I questioned whether she was even real.

"I'm going to a Halloween party later with Camila." I failed to hide a smile as she gave me my PSL.

"A party with Camila?" She quirked an eyebrow and gave me a smirk.

I nodded timidly.

"That's awesome. So are you going to introduce her as your girlfriend?" She questioned as she casually wiped down the counter.

Now there's one thing I hadn't thought of, and it made my smile fade.

"Um," I stammered, causing her to look up at me with confusion. I really hadn't thought about that. Old friends of me and Suki were going to come over to me and I'd have to introduce Camila and tell them who she was. What were Camila and I anyway? I could just say "this is Camila", but would that piss Camila off for not categorizing her at all? Not only that, Suki thought Camila and I were already dating; therefore, if I introduced Camila as a friend to other people, Suki would soon find out that the two of us weren't actually dating.

"Boo!" I jumped when I felt a pair of hands squeeze my shoulders, causing me to spin around and be greeted by a smiling Camila. She looked beautiful yet just as casually dressed as me.

"Hi," My voice came out shaky and cracked after the scare.

"I wanted to scare you." The brunette laughed.

"And you did." I exhaled.

"I was hoping for a bigger reaction." The Cuban chuckled, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear which must've fallen during her pounce.

Shay shared a hug with the Cuban before taking her order and we finally made our way to our usual table in the window.

"So," Camila wrapped her petite hands round her mug that seemed way too big for her. "Are you excited for tonight?" She beamed.