Chapter 30:

Lauren's POV:

Shaun had taken me to one of the hottest bars he knew and we'd been here for 3 hours now. We had met this girl, Ashleigh, and had decided to sit with her and her two friends.

"So you're from Miami?" Ashleigh asked for the second time tonight, I just decided to nod this time. "And I've told you I'm from New Jersey?"

"Yes, Ash." I laughed, taking back a sip of my beer.

"Oo, I like that." Ashleigh cooed and I shot Shaun a worried look, but he was too busy laughing at my sudden change of expression. "Don't worry, you've told me about your girlfriend." She added to show she wasn't an actual threat.

"Thank God." I joked, earning a playfully slap from the girl beside me.

"I want to take a photo of you guys." Shaun pulled out his phone and we all instantly got ourselves into a pose in preparation for the photo. After him telling us he was going to post it on Facebook, I decided to go on the app to get ready to like and comment and all that shit; but something caught my eye. A photo of Camila and Harry from tonight.

"You've got to be kidding me." I mumbled to myself. I was starting to feel as though there was something Camila wasn't telling me because the pair where getting way too close for comfort. I wasn't in the mood to let it ruin my night, so I slipped my phone away and decided to not check it for the rest of the night – ignoring the text from Camila I had also seen.

Camila 04:21(RT): I've came home already. Missing our cute little nights in together; I can't handle too much nightlife.

-

Camila's POV.

Lauren and I hadn't spoke properly for a good three weeks. We'd talk briefly, literally for about five or ten minutes before the Miami-native would say she had to go. But I knew there was more to it than that. I was making my way back to my car after closing up when my girlfriend started to call me.

"Hey, I'm just about to go home." I answered, unlocking my Audi A1.

"It's okay, this won't take long." The woman on the other end hardy even sounded like the Lauren I knew, but it was. "What the hell is going on with you and that Harry guy?"

"God, Lauren – we've been through this."

"I don't care. I'm seeing new photos of you guys almost twice a week. Is there something you're not telling me?"

"Are you questioning my sexuality?" I snapped, completely bewildered by her sudden outburst.

"Maybe I am."

"Fuck you." I ended the call and slammed my hands against the steering wheel. I sat there for a few seconds just regaining my breath when my phone vibrated, showing a text from Lauren.

Lauren – 17:16(MT):

I instantly put my head in my hands

I instantly put my head in my hands. Paloma, Harry and myself had been spending a lot of time together and Harry and I were getting close – but as friends. He knew that and so did I. However, I could see now the way the pictures looked from somebody else's point of view. My phone started to ring again.

"You know what?" My girlfriend immediately started once I'd accepted the call.

"What?" I yelled, tears brimming in my eyes because there was nothing I hated more than arguing with Lauren.

"I think I'm done with this."

I felt my heart stop in my chest and my jaw fall open. "What?" My voice caught in my throat.

"Us. I'm done with it."

"What are you talking about!?"

"I'm fucking sat in Rome working my ass off whilst my girlfriend is back home snapping cute pictures with guys she hardy fucking knows." I could hear that Lauren was just as upset as I was.

"Baby, it's not like that." I choked.

"You can say whatever you want Camila, but actions speak louder than words." Lauren sounded defeated. Neither of us shouting anymore. "I can't do this anymore. I can't sit here at work and flinch every time I see that you've been tagged in a photo on Facebook or Instagram because I know exactly what it's going to be of. Call me jealous, possessive or crazy but it fucking hurts seeing you cuddled up to someone else like that."

Lauren was right. I knew that she was going out too but she wasn't being tagged in the same kind of photos as me – yes, she was sometimes with other women or a guy but there was so flirtatiousness in them like there was in mine and Harry's. I thought that because I was gay it didn't matter, but that didn't change the fact it still hurt Lauren's feelings. "I'm sorry." I muttered.

"That doesn't cut it, Camila."

Silence. As my whole world was just a few words away from crumbling into pieces.

"I can't be with you anymore. Not whilst I'm sat here, thousands of miles away from you, watching all this happen whilst you're not doing a thing about it."

"Because nothing is going on!"

"I've asked you so many times to stop being all over him for photos, Camila! And you can't even give me that small ounce of respect. What about that one off-guard photo? Where your hands on your his shoulders and he's got his hands on your back? That was just accidental, right?"

"Lauren, I fell." I knew how hard that would have been to believe but it was the truth.

Lauren laughed bitterly. "Whatever." There were another few more seconds of silence before the Miami-native spoke up again. "I just...can't do this anymore."

"Fine." I blurted out, ending the call and switching off my phone as I allowed my head to flop against the steering wheel as I sobbed in the parking lot of the boulevard where it all began, and now ended.

-

A/N: such a messy chapter. i'm sorry about not updating yesterday!! I'm not a big fan of my writing in this chapter but i've just been busy and feeling a little groggy from time to time. I hope you enjoy it either way.

- fay.