Chapter 14:

Lauren's POV:

"She still isn't picking up." Dinah informed me for the fourth time. It was 4AM now and Camila had left with Ariana almost two hours ago. I was mainly worried that she had been beaten up and thrown in a dumpster somewhere.

"Fuck this. I'm going home." I grabbed my jacket and threw it over my shoulder.

I felt a small body jump onto my back. "You're not going anywhere." Ally yelled into my ear and I easily shook her off my shoulders then turning to face her.

"I have work tomorrow. I'll text you when I'm home." I ruffled her hair to ease her pout and put on a smile.

After some persuasion, the small woman called me a taxi and escorted me into it once it got here. Dinah had decided to stay with Ally for the night so I made my own way home, consciously checking my phone the whole time for any form of contact from Camila.

I never got any.                                                                

-

I woke up to the painful sound of my alarm at 8AM.

It took a lot of energy, but I managed to get myself out of bed and get ready for work. During the walk to my familiar workplace, I reached into the pocket of my jacket to check my phone.

Camila (4 missed calls)

Camila (8 Text Messages)

Camila – 4:38AM: I'm so sorry about tonight.

Camila – 4:38AM: Will I see you at work tomorrow?

Camila – 4:50AM: I hope you know that I'm really into you.

Camila – 5:07AM: I'm worried. Why aren't you texting back?

Camila – 5:11AM: I've just realized its 5AM and you're probably asleep.

Camila – 5:16AM: Or maybe you're hooking up with someone from the party. I wouldn't really blame you after what I just pulled back there.

Camila – 5:16AM: I hope you're not though...

Camila – 5:27AM: Goodnight, Lo.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the messages. Why did she seem so worried? Not to mention how weird the context was. She seemed kind of...guilty. I shrugged it off and shoved the phone into my back pocket. I was annoyed at her. Of course I was. I felt embarrassed when she walked out of that party with another woman; I'd been telling everyone that was there how into her I was. Did she honestly think I'd be ok with what she did?

Quickly glancing into her store as I passed it, I saw her innocently dressed in a thick grey sweater and black skinny jeans. Just to make her seem even more innocent, she had her hair flowing freely across her shoulders and back. I smiled for a moment before taking a second look at the sweater. I recognized it. It was only a matter of seconds before I realized it was the same one Ariana had been wearing when I first met her. I hope this didn't mean what I was assuming it did.

The Cuban suddenly met my gaze and I jumped at the unexpected eye-contact before turning away and continuing to walk forward, finally stepping foot into my own workplace.

"Waddup, party animal?" My boss addressed me as he sat in his chair playing on his phone.

I let my bag drop to the floor and tied my hair into a pony as I gave him a lazily smile. Grabbing my sketchpad from the front desk, I made my way to my side of the store.