Chapter 11-Ayden Decides He's a Helpful Jerk

Start from the beginning

Then he dragged me out of the house and threw me into the pool. I was a ragdoll in his hands. I nearly took out my head because he literally tossed me into the water, a bit too close to the edge. Blind with pain, terror, and unspeakable sadness I learned that no one would ever love me. Love was an illusion. It didn't exist.

I crawled out of the pool sobbing my heart out. The full moon shining on my back lighting the pool area. The mansion shadowed and dark. That night I broke. I did many things that night that I don't want to remember. Some parts I don't. But I know I had a mental break and I lost all capability for hope and love. It only hurts you in the end.

I shake off those thoughts scowling, stop it. It's over. You know that's true so don't try arguing with it. Now I live to the extreme. Having parties with women like my father because that's normal. "Love" is a fun feeling. Seeing the girls throw themselves at me makes me feel satisfied, then shattering their hearts in the end. It's how the illusion goes. It's "love".

I scoff and stand up sharply wanting to leave him here. I could easily steal supplies from the pile and go off on my own until we get rescued. I could easily beat the snot out of anyone I choose. I could hide away and let them fight to the death. And yet, here I am. I grab Levi's wrists and try yanking him up. His smooth, black metal wrist feels strange to touch. I pull him up and sit him up, his eyes still closed.

I feel strange now, Ever since we crashed I felt different. Now I want him to wake up. Now I want him to get through this and become stronger. Now I want to get off the island alive. With everyone. That's probably the trauma talking though.

"Levi I swear if you don't wake up, I'll take over," I threaten glaring at him hoping that gets a reaction.

Nothing.

"If you don't wake up... you'll never find your undead mother," I say sarcastically, in a cold voice.

Nothing.

I scowl and shake him by the shoulders, his head rolling back, "WAKE UP!!!" I yell at him and then slap him again.

Nothing.

I inhale sharply glaring at him wanting him to wake up now. But he doesn't. I lay him back on the sand and look around the beach. I jog over to a stray piece of sheet metal and drag it over to him. I roll Levi onto it and start dragging it back towards the group. They'll want their leader... I hear them screaming frantically and panicking. I strain my arms and walk backwards, dragging him on the sheet metal.

The heat is brutal making sweat drip down my shirt. My leather jacket is tied around my waist because it's too hot for it. I grit my teeth and pull back harder trying to move faster. The sand flies up as I scuffle backwards dragging him. I pass the front end of the plane and then I stop by the first bonfire. I roll him off the sheet because the metal will get really hot soon.

I throw a rogue blanket over his face and then stand up straight trying to ignore what I just did. I glance down the beach to see the giant pyre burning. The smell of burning flesh is getting stronger. Thankfully I have an iron stomach. Years of being around my dad helped me with that. And drinking helps. But the smell is still revolting to me. No wonder Levi had to run, he doesn't seem to have a strong stomach.

Or he's just normal and I am the weird one. Whatever. I see everyone gathered around Teren trying to do something but doing nothing because they are confused.

"TEREN!!" Jenny screams, always the emotional one.

I see Sarah by his side trying to check him for injuries. Everyone else stands around jerking around like they want to run to get something but they can't decide on what they need to help. I jog over to them and skid to a stop next to Thalia. I glance over at her feeling my heart stutter. God why is she so beautiful? And I mean that as a real question.