11. My story

Chloe's pov🌸

So it was time to tell Cameron the truth about me, about my past and why I ended up in California.

I know I hated Cameron when I came here but I don't know why, but I've realised how nice he is and how he is a really good friend.

We sat down on a bench and I started to explain...

"Okay Cameron, I'm gunna tell you some things I've only told like 2 people, so you have to promise you won't tell anyone"

"Of course I wouldn't I promise"

"Ok, well last year in January my bestfriend who had been my bestfriend for about 10 years moved away to New Zealand, I didn't have many friends she was my only real friend I would hang out with her everyday, so when she told me the news she was moving away to New Zealand I had a break down I cried every single day I couldn't take it in, my bestfriend was moving away and I had no other friends. So when the day she left came around I had to say my final goodbye I didn't know if I was ever going to see her again."

"you must of been in pieces" Cameron said

"I was that's when my life started to go downhill, I had to go to school on my own, sit in class on my own each lunch on my own I wasn't very good at being social and making friends. But one day a boy called Bobby started to talk to me, he had black hair medium length and he had piercings in each ear and a skull tattoo on his arm; that didn't really bother me because he was really kind to me, he would sit with me in every class and at lunch he let me sit with him and his friends, they were all very rocker like, after a month me and Bobby started dating, he was really kind he would buy me presents and take me on dates"

"Did that make you happy?" Cameron asked

"Very happy, but one day me and Bobby and another girl and her boyfriend went out to the store to buy snacks for a night in, no one had any money, it was only a little corner shop, Bobby said we were going to 'borrow' the food, I knew he mean't steal it so I told him not to, but when I tried to grab it off him he pushed me away really hardly, and after that he made me grab some food. Bobby and the girl and boy made a successful exit out of the store not getting caught, but me I was the last to leave and I got caught. I had to spend the night in the prison cell and then pay a $150 fine."

"Oh my, well what did Bobby say?"

"He didn't care, he said it was my fault for getting caught, I wanted to leave him and get him out of my life but I was scared he would hurt me if I tried. The second time I was arrested I was out with Bobby and his friend Nathan, we were walking around the mall and we saw some police men, Bobby took some drugs out of his pocket and put them in my bag, I knew he sometimes had drugs but I didn't know it was everyday, and so we walked past the police men and they stopped me and searched my bag, by this time Bobby and Nathan had ran off and left me with the police man, he took the drugs out of my bag. I didn't have to stay in the prison cell that time but I had to do a month of work for the community, basically picking up litter and stuff"

"I can't believe that Bobby would let all this happen to you! What did your parents say?"

"They didn't want to know me, I had a criminal record and I was failing in school they stopped talking to me, they let me stay at home but that was it, they wouldn't pay for anything for me; the night finally came when I went to Bobby's house to break up with him, I told him I wanted to end it and he slapped me round the face, he said I was pathetic anyway and that he has sex with loads of other girls when we were together anyway. So then I ran home crying, I had ruined my life because of a boy who never liked me in the first place. This is when things really went wrong, I went to school on Monday, I didn't want To go but I had to try to get my life back on track, I was in one of my classes and I had a note passed to me it said ' ew your disgusting 3 boys in one night? Slut.' And I started getting texts from multiple unknown numbers, says 'ew your gross' 'can't believe you did that whore'.

I had no idea what was going on, I later on found out that Bobby spread these rumors about me that I did 3 boys in one night. Most pathetic rumor ever. So I kept on getting hate for 4 months, I self harmed, even once I tried to end it all. I quit school and got home schooled I couldn't carry on, everyday a new rumor was spread about me."

I stopped and took a deep breath,

"I stopped going out, I never left the house I couldn't go out was I too scared to see anyone, I stopped eating I became depressed, my whole life stopped, my mum sent me to a hospital and I had to stay there for 5 months. After 5 months of treatment I got better I was so much happier I made some friends from the hospital who ended up being my bestfriends, when I got out the hospital my parents told me we were moving to California I was happy but at the same time I didn't want to leave my new friends and all my family lived there. But anyway that's how I ended up here that's my story".

I couldn't hold it in any longer, I burst out crying.