Chapter 7-Murmurs

Start from the beginning

  "It was bad," said Ron disgusted, emerging over the tabletop looking pale and sweaty. "Malfoy called her Mudblood,'Hagrid-"

  Y/N hated the word 'Mudblood' and making her say it make her wanna vomit all over the place, how can Malfoy even say that word without any hesitation? It was going inside Y/N's mind every now and then.

  "He didn'!" said Hagrid to Hermione, his face was looking like a scary mask that have their mouths open and wided eyes.

  "He did," said Hermione. "But I don't know what it means. I could tell it was really rude, of course-"

  "It about the most insulting thing he could think of," started Ron, but ended up vomiting sugs again.

  "Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who is Muggle-born - you know, non-magic parents. There are some wizards - like the Malfoy's - who think they're better than everyone else because they're what people call pure-blood," Y/N said, continuing Ron's sentence. "I mean, the rest of us know it doesn't make any difference at all. Look at Neville Longbottom - he's a pure-blood and he can hardly stand a cauldron the right way up."

  "An'they haven't invented a spell our Hermione can' do," said Hagrid proudly, as the other agreed while Hermione blushed and her lips stretches into a smile.

  "Y/N are you a pure-blood?" asked Harry to Y/N, out of the bloom.

  "No, why?" She asked.

  "You're not?" He said, confused.

  "No, I'm a half-blood. My father's a muggle and my mother's a witch," I told him. "Just like you a half-blood."

  "But, my parents are a witch and a wizard?" He asked again, he was extremely confused you can tell by his expression.

  "Well, your mother's a muggle-born and your father's a pure-blood, which makes you a half-blood," she said to him, making him understand it blood status at the wizarding world a bit more, but he still quite confused. "Just think of it like this, muggle-born plus muggle-born equals half-blood, muggle-born plus half-blood equals pure-blood, muggle-born plus pure-blood equals half-blood, half-blood plus pure-blood equals pure-blood."

  "I still don't get it," said Harry, raising an eyebrow.

  "You'll get used to it," she told him, as he nodded.

  "It's a disgusting thing to call someone," said Ron, wiping his sweaty forehead with a shaky hand. "Dirty blood, see. Common blood. It's ridiculous. Most wizards these days are half-blood anyway. If we hadn't married Muggles we'd've died out."

  "Well, I don'blame yeah fer tryin'ter curse him, Ron," said Hagrid loudly over the thuds of more slugs hitting the surface of the bucket. "Bu'maybe it was a good thing yet wand backfired. Spect Lucius Malfoy would've come marchin'up ter school if yeh'd cursed his son. Least get not in trouble."

  "Hagrid is quite right about that, to be honest," Y/N said agreeing at Hagrid.

  "Harry," said Hagrid abruptly, as though struck by a sudden thought. "Gotta bone ter pick with yeh. I've heard you've bin givin' out signed photos. How com I haven't got one?"

  Y/N looked at Harry, waiting for him to explain to Hagrid. He was looking furious, as he wrenched his teeth apart.

  "I have not been giving out signed photos," said Harry. "If Lockhart's still spreading that around-"

  He stopped as he saw Hagrid laughing, as Y/N pressed her lips together trying not to laugh as well.

  "I'm on'y jokin'," he said, patting Harry at the back and sending his face first into the table, as Y/N sniggered. "I knew yeh hadn't really. I told Lockkahrt yeh didn'need the. Her more famous than him without tryin'."