Epilogue

4 Months Later

"We did it, Tree Boy," Connor walked up to him smiling, clutching his diploma. Evan smiled back.

"We did." Evan put his arms around Connor's neck, which was more comfortable because his cast was gone.

When Heidi found out about the money, she went straight to the police station and James took all the blame.

He was in prison now.

Evan, Connor and Isabel had grown closer and pushed the past to the side. Zoe, Jared and Alana were reluctant to let her join the group at first, but they liked her now.

"So... what now?" Connor asked.

"I'm taking a year off to work out what I want to do," Evan replied.

Connor nodded. "Smart."

"Are you looking forward to your trip to California?" Evan asked.

Connor was going to California in a week for a few days for a break. He had asked Evan if he wanted to come, but he didn't have the money as he was planning to put the cheque from the competition towards college if he decided to go.

Connor nodded. "I still wish you were coming with me, though."

"God, me too," Evan sighed. "You'll have heaps of fun though."

Connor smiled.

Jared, Alana, Zoe and Isabel walked up to them.

"You guys did it!" Zoe exclaimed. She was a year younger, so she would be graduating the next year.

"We did it!" Alana exclaimed.

"Party at my place tonight!" Jared yelled. People cheered.

"What about your parents?" Isabel asked. "Didn't you say they were snobs?"

"They're out of town, it's all good!"

"Nice!" Zoe exclaimed.

Evan smiled at his friends.

At the start of the year, he was alone. He had no one.

Now, he had five amazing friends, including a caring boyfriend he could never live without.

And he was happy.

One week later

Evan was sitting on the couch with Heidi, Paul and Jeremy.

Heidi and Evan had moved into Paul and Jeremy's house about two months before.

Paul flicked on the news.

Evan had just gotten off the phone with Connor. He had gotten to his hotel and was about to go to bed early as he was very tired.

Suddenly, an announcement came on.

Breaking news.

"I have just gotten word that tragedy has struck California," the news reporter announced. "A hotel was bombed, and five have been confirmed dead. Two people were seen walking into their hotel rooms, however weren't seen leaving the hotel and so far haven't been found." Evan grew worried for Connor.

Everything was fine.

It was probably a different hotel.

"Harry Tyler and Connor Murphy are currently missing."

A/N: I am so sorry.

So, that was the end.

Thank-you so much for reading, I also loved reading your comments.

Should I write a sequel?

To quote Thomas Sanders, take it easy guys, gals and non-binary pals.