Chapter Fourteen: Larry and Cynthia

TW: Panic attack.

Heidi dropped Connor and Evan off on her way to work.

"Bye, honey! I'll see you tomorrow," Heidi said.

"Bye mom," Evan said, getting out the car, backpack over one shoulder.

"Have fun, boys! Love you!" With that, she drove off.

Connor turned to Evan. "Before we go in, I would like to apologise in advance for my family's behavior."

Evan shrugged. "I'm sure it won't be that bad. Also, I haven't forgotten the friend rule."

Connor nodded. "I'm so sorry we have to do this, it's just-"

"Connor. It's fine, I understand."

"Thanks, Evan," Connor smiled and ruffled his hair. "You're the best boyfriend I could ever ask for." Connor started to walk towards the door.

Evan blushed, then followed Connor.

They walked up the porch and Connor opened the door.

"I'm home!" He yelled. "As if anyone cares..." Connor whispered to himself, but Evan heard.

Evan saw a woman walking down the hall towards them; Connor's mother, he assumed.

"You must be Evan!" She exclaimed. "Call me Cynthia."

Cynthia pulled Evan into a hug, and Evan stood stifly for a second, then hugged her back.

Cynthia pulled away. "Zoe told me about the auditions last night! Congratulations!"

Evan smiled. "Th-thank-you."

"Dinner's nearly ready. Connor, why don't you show Evan up to the guest room?" Cynthia turned to Connor.

Connor shook his head. "It's fine, he can stay in my room."

She looked shocked for a second. "Are you sure?"

The two boys nodded.

"Okay! Well, I'll go move the mattress into Con-"

"It's fine, mom."

"Well, if you're sure." Cynthia walked back to the kitchen.

"Sorry about that," Connor said when she was out of earshot.

"It's fine, don't apologise."

Connor cleared his throat. "My room's this way. Follow me."

Connor walked down the hall and to some stairs on the right.

Up the stairs was another hallway with multiple doors. Connor's was the second one down.

Connor's room consisted of a queen sized bed with a black doona, a desk, a very expensive looking laptop, a TV on the wall, facing the bed, a bedside table and a black guitar.

"Just throw your bag wherever," Connor said, closing the door behind him.

Evan neatly placed his bag in the corner of the room, then walked over to Connor, wrapping his arms around his neck.

Connor leaned down to kiss him, and Evan kissed back, smiling into the kiss.

"What up, fellow gays?" The door opened.

Evan immediately pulled away from Connor.

"Relax, Ev," Zoe laughed. "It's just me."

Connor threw an arm around Evan's shoulder.

"What do you want, Zoe?" Connor asked.

"Can't a girl just talk to her older brother without wanting anything?" Zoe said, sounding genuinely offended.