you'll come around

CHAPTER 4:

After I got home I did some homework, Yes I did actually get homework on the first day, I made myself some Mac and cheese, took a shower and hopped into bed. By the time I got into bed it was 7:30pm. I decided to call Taylor and tell him about my first day. 

“Wow sounds like your day was alright” he said “How did you find Matt?” I was really hoping he wouldn’t bring him up.

“Umm he was alright, I guess” I said hoping Taylor wouldn’t figure out that I don’t really like Matthew.

“You hate him” Taylor said with a tinge of hurt in his voice. I could never lie to Taylor, not even about the littlest things.

“He is just so snobby and he was really nice at the start of the day, but he ignored me after he said he’s hellos, but I don’t care” I said trying not to hurt Taylor’s feelings

“He’s really great, you will come around. I have to go now, but i’ll call you tomorrow” He said

“Whatever, goodnight” I said getting tired

“Good night” He said as we hung up

It was now 8:45pm and I was super tired. I decided that I would have a sleep in and not go for a run tomorrow morning, I would just be exhausted. I set my alarm for 6:30am and dozed off to sleep.

*In the Morning*

My alarm went off at 6:30am playing Paper Planes by M.I.A and I quickly got up and jumped into the shower. I put on a white loose singlet with a pair of blue tights and finished it off with a black leather jacket. I brushed my teeth and did my hair in loose beach curls and put on my mascara, blush and lipgloss. I put on my wheat colored wedges and headed down stairs for breakfast were I grabbed an Up-and-Go and a banana and headed down to the bus stop.

It was 7:25am when Allison showed up. We jumped on the bus 5 minutes later and headed to school. Along the way we chatted about Aaron, apparently he asked her out last night and she gladly accepted. She told me about how he was really sweet and how she had liked him last year, but they never really talked. We finally arrived at school and I headed off to my first class which was science. 

I got into class a bit earlier so I took my seat at the back of the class and waited for class to start. Matthew came in and took a seat on the other side and avoided my eye contact. I sighed and listened as the teacher began the lesson. His name was Mr. Robbins and he seemed to not really care about our education as he pretty much just let everything slide and didn’t pay much attention to us.

“Okay everyone I will be handing out your first assignment for the term, you will be in partners please one by one come up and pull a name out of the hat” He said very dullish.

I was praying I wouldn’t get Matthew I really didn’t want him as my partner it would just be painfully annoying. It was my turn to choose partners and there were only 5 kids left to pick from. Matthew, a girl named Avery who was vey smart, a boy named Calvin who was a booger eater, A girl named Cindy who looked gothic, and a girl named Spencer who seemed boring. Please lord not Matthew anyone but him, even the booger eater I thought to myself as I pulled a name out of the hat. Of course. Matthew Espinosa, It read on my paper. I sighed and walked over and took a seat next to him. This was going to be a long term.