That was kind of odd, considering his parents. His mother came from strict religious and Indian background, and his dad originated from the kind of hostile parts of Afghanistan. 

Despite their set upbringing and opinions, his parents were open to America's society, and did nothing to stop how it influenced their son and daughters. 

Which brings us to today, to this cute little overreacting nerd with large black rimmed hipster glasses and a strange mixed accent that nobody can really pinpoint. He's a very ambitious and stubborn soul, with a bit of paranoia mixed inbetween.

"Micah come on, you've sulked long enough, let me in, or at least give me my phone back." I persisted and heard him sigh.

He opened the door up and a wave of cool air wafted out from the air conditioning in his room.

I narrowed my eyes at him as he fiddled with my phone. Well, at least he tried his best to navigate the cracked screen.

"You don't need to worry about the texts problem anymore, I dealt with it." He said without looking at me and then tossed the phone in my direction.

I looked down at it in confusionnavigating back onto my messages to see he had sent Adam a rather hostile text to 'back off and leave 'me' alone'. I rolled my eyes and quickly sent a follow up message explaining it was just Micah overreacting.

Once I was done, I looked up to see Micah sitting on his bed sulking as he faced away from me.

I sighed and smiled a bit at his predictable but somehow pleasantly familiar behaviour. After all the things that kept on changing in my life this past 10 months, Micah's tantrums and paranoia stayed the same.

I'd met him when hanging around his school grounds. My mother had recently ran off with this Texan millionaire, and left me in a cheap hotel room by myself, of course she hadn't sorted out a school for me, not like I'd ever been to school before anyway. I survived by taking online courses, however this particular time I was going through my rebellious stage, and refused to even log in. Although it could have been due to the fact we'd only just moved away from California, I was enjoying not having someone mentally and physically abusing me every day.

Micah was in the middle of talking to some ambassadors from another school, and appeared to keep on staring at me as he talked with them. Of course this peeked my interest, and I eventually approached him, to which I was greeted with intense questioning on whether I was a spy from the rival mathletics team or something. I found that hilarious.

After that I kept seeing him around, he'd tense up every time he saw me, like he was still suspicious or something. That only encouraged me however, maybe because I was enjoying having the power to put somebody on edge and not have it the other way around.

During this time I'd made quite a lot of friends from his school, including his best friends, and he kind of gave up avoiding me once I was with his friends during a meet up one Saturday night. The poor kid thought I had it out for him or something. Thankfully, his weariness didn't last, and we just grew closer from there.

He was gentle and sweet to me, which was a nice change. I began to rely on him quite a bit, being with him was a nice break from being alone in a run down motel room with nothing to do.

Also his cat Penny is just so adorable, and fluffy. And  absolutely adorable and fluffy and also adorable and...fluffy.

Speaking of the devil, I brushed my hand along the large cat's back as she jumped onto the bed. She waddled over to the biggest pillow and settled down on it, like the queen she is.