Death Under The Stars

March 20, 2015

March 20, 2015.

Tied down in the back of his black car was how I woke up, being driven into the woods at night by him scared of what he wanted.

"What do you think you're doing?" I tried to break free of the rope he used to tie up my feet and hands. "Let me go!"

"You gave me no choice," he didn't look back at me and kept going further into the pitch black of the woods.

It frightened me to remember once upon a time he talked to me with care and kindness unlike the usual lack of attachment he had with others.

"Stop the car!" I yelled.

"Not until I do what needs to be done."

"You can't! You won't!"

"I'm sorry Stella."

I knew this wouldn't go well so I shut my eyes tight to not see it end; I couldn't face what would come next.

"What do you mean you're sorry you're not sorry! You're just going to hand me over to them aren't you!"

"Hold on."

Stephen said making curves and then I knew we were being followed.

"We're being followed!"

"Yes but I remembered there is another way this can end. You were right all these centuries. There was a way out, so obvious but I didn't want to see it, and neither did you."

"Stephen what are you talking about?"

"We're going to where it all started and we're going to end it there."

"Where! Where are you taking me?"

"Don't worry love," he said.

"Love?"

"All this time spent wondering if you loved me now I know everything was real."

Stephen thought out loud while driving 180 miles per hour.

"You're not making any sense!"

"All I have to do is cross the border and once we're there I hope you don't remember anything. Continue to hate me Stella. Think of me in the worst possible light. Promise me?"

"Stephen you're frightening me!"

Just then I noticed I didn't feel as awful as before and that none of the branch punctures were there on my body anymore, they were just superficial wounds now.

"Promise me Stella!"

"No I won't promise you anything!"

I yelled at him and just then when we crossed the border he stopped the car. Parked it and got me outside of it.

"Why did you stop?"

"Because from here on I can use my powers."

Tall, dark raven wings came out from his back and he picked me up in his arms flying away with me to the cemetery.