Dark Dreams

March 17th of 2015

March 17th of 2015

"Why?"

"Power, territory, position."

"That's..."

"What everyone is fighting for. The covens fight for it, we fight for it, it's not a matter of not fighting but who ultimately wins. And him and the dark angels are the last people who should get it."

"And why hasn't he killed me yet?"

"Because Sybil tried to make him forget it but as soon as he remembers it he'll come full speed for you."

"Wait he's gonna hunt me until..."

"Yes, so we have to get out of here soon."

"But..."

"I'm sorry. I know you wanna stay but we don't have a choice right now."

"Where are we going?"

"Tomorrow okay?" I had exhausted Ezra with so many questions he wanted to put out of his mind I was willing to let this one go.

"Okay tomorrow."

He smiled and instead of coming to sleep on the bed with me he gave me space and went to sleep by himself on the sofa. It was probably a good thing he didn't stay on the bed with me because I tossed and turned so much it felt like I had warmed up the entire bed with the heat of my body.

"Just sleep Stella, sleep, sleep." The power of my words helped me doze off into the darkness of my bedroom until...

"Stephen!" I jumped back when he touched my face and woke me up.

"Hi Stella."

"How did you get in here?"

"Oh that was quite easy to me after all the time we spent together."

"Ezra was right then."

"Ezra's back then? Six feet deep wasn't enough."

"You buried him!"

"Stella calm down, we need to talk."

"Talk about what? That you did things so that I'd let my guard down for you?"

The scientist smiled like it was some kind of big joke.

"What are you doing here? Is this even real?" I could see my physical body still on the bed sleeping.

"It's real, and this is the least dangerous way for us to talk," he touched my hand.

"No. Go away. I don't want you here." I looked for something to defend myself with.

"Do you mean you or Ezra?"

"Both of us."

"Well he can't protect you here, not inside your mind while you're safe and sound asleep."