Drawn To Prohibited Minds

March 14  2015 (Leaving Athens, Ohio)

"Okay I'll go deal with Megan and you stay here," the scientist said when we got to the bed and breakfast.

"You read my mind."

The minutes ticked by and what was supposed to be a quick stop turned into half an hour, and then Megan came out clicking her heels on the steps and unlocked the door of the car where I sat waiting for the scientist.

"Quick message, if he doesn't give me what I want he'll never be rid of me and you won't be either."

"I..."

"Oh please don't, I don't mingle with women like you."

"I'm sorry I didn't know he was married!" I shouted before she went and then she turned around with a better understanding of what happened, "and we only kissed."

"What else?"

"Just that but I regret it, I don't like getting work mixed with my personal life so you'll never have to deal with me again."

"That bastard," Megan put a hand on her face and I could see it in the way she confronted me that she still loved him somehow, even at the threat of him having another. She was a woman watching the man she loved slip away from her hands. It was no wonder she wouldn't sign the divorce and I couldn't help things get worse for them.

"And when we get back to Syracuse it will be the last time I'll see him so..."

"Oh..." She understood that I was sorry for my mistake and was going to follow through for the sake of a union I thought as sacred, "okay um safe travels."

"Thank you and good luck to you both." I kind of smiled at her and she nodded walking away to a black car and then he came out with the suitcases while she drove away on her own.

"What did she say?"

"Safe travels."

"Hm she usually makes more of a scene whenever I come even close to another woman."

"Well maybe she's changed."

"And maybe the sun won't rise tomorrow since we're talking about the impossible," he put his seatbelt on and drove off to the where the jet waited for us.

The plot to my demise from the scientist's life was inevitable so I planned to talk to the head chief because if I talked directly to him first he could be smart enough to find some loophole to make me stay. About my house, I could put it up for rent but I loved it so much it'd hurt my heart to be gone from it but if we lived close to each other there was a chance I could bump into him. Maybe the best thing was to close it down and go somewhere else, find a job, then come back and do something with it, yeah maybe a road trip and many sent resumes was what I needed.

We were at last inside the jet where I thought I'd finally have some peace and quiet to look up jobs and what the Latin inscription at the cemetery meant when the scientist began to talk to my already troubled mind.