Chapter 63

Author's Note- The next few chapters are going to be where a week or so has gone by in the story so that I can wrap it up soon. Sorry if you don't like it but I'll be starting a new book that I'm excited to begin writing.

-Not edited

Chapter 63

Bailey's POV

It was exactly a week later after we purchased our flat that our acceptance letters arrived in the mail from Liverpool. Then, another two weeks later which was the beginning of October, Niall and I began to get ready to leave good ol' Manchester.

But those two pieces of thin acceptance papers were basically our ticket to the real world. Yes, it was just another university like Manchester is, but everything is different this time around. And for many reasons.

First, Niall and I are going to be living off-campus in our own flat. There are no flat mates, just us.

Second, Niall will be living his dream of becoming a professional football player rather than just another kid on a team.

Third, we're basically engaged which means that we have to start really thinking about our future together and planning out where we see each other in a few years time. I only pray that he imagines the same thing as I do; living together, married, happy, and maybe a child or two at some point when we're settled.

I still get that giddy feeling deep in my stomach when I think about having a family with Niall. Of course, we're way too young right now to start popping out babies, but I know that one day we will.

It will have to be the right time, though. With Niall's football career and hopefully me having some sort of job. We'll have to be sure that we're going to have enough time and energy to take care of a baby.

A sturdy knock on the door interrupts my daydreams of future plans and I flick my head up from my stance sat on the ground. I look over to Hannah with an expectant raise of my brow and she shrugs.

"I'll get it," she hums, trailing over to the door in the center of the room that I'll be parting from forever today.

I continue my last minute packings, adding in my tooth and hair brush and some basic make up supplies into a little baggy and tucking them away in a pocket.

When I raise my head up again, my eyes meet two people that I'm going to see for the last time today. Immediately, I dash off the floor, embracing the two in a tight hug.

Aubrey sniffles into my neck, Kyle soothingly rubs my back. In a little over one year, I've gotten to know both of them incredibly well. I never imagined that I'd be leaving them in my junior year. I always pictured Aubrey and I graduating together, wearing the same colored caps and gowns, and walking across the massive stage to accept our diplomas with a proud and ecstatic smile. And then in the packed audience our boyfriends would be stood clapping and shouting our names with goofy smirks.

We would be those friends that actually last a lifetime.

But everything has changed. Every plan, every goal I wished to accomplish here has changed.

"Jesus, I'm a wreck," Aubrey half-heartedly laughs, pulling away to wipe the moisture pooling under her eyes. Mine begins to do the same as I watch her.

I wrap my arms around her waist again, whimpering. Literally whimpering. She was my first and closest friend here. In some sense, Aubrey basically set Niall and I up. If she hadn't begged me to try out for the volleyball team last year, I wouldn't have talked to Niall at practices and be invited to watch his games, which further led to kisses on the cheek when being dropped off, and then finally being kissed and held properly. It was all her.