Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Bailey's POV

My first class in the morning started at 10:00 AM. I had an hour after that class to relax before the next one. I held on to my books while walking to the correct building. There were only a few people milling around. The trees swayed in the light wind. My converse kicked a few stones in front of me. The weather wasn't the nicest today, so thankfully I arrived at my first class quite quickly.

I walked through the building until opening the door to the classroom. It was about two minutes until the professor would be here, so everyone was now taking their seats.

I was surprised when I spotted Aubrey sat at one of the tables. I walked over to her, tugging my books along.

"Hi, stranger," I giggled.

She looked up from her notebook and smiled. "Oh, hey Bailey! You're in this class?"

"Yup. Looks like I'm smarter than I thought," I joked.

Aubrey laughed, "Looks like it." She paused, pulling out the chair that was next to hers at the table. "Do you want to sit here?"

"Sure," I smiled.

I piled all of my books together just as the door opened again. My fingers dropped the pen I once held. I bent down to retrieve it.

I had a weird feeling that someone was watching me. My head looked up to the door and sure enough, the male who winked at me in the gym walked in. He wasn't alone, though. Another guy was standing next to him. He was tall and had blond hair that was quiffed. His sea blue eyes scanned the room before patting his friend on the shoulder. The blond kid pointed to two seats that weren't taken. They traveled to the table that just happened to be behind Aubrey and I's.

The boy who startled me then noticed my presence. Just like he did yesterday, his eye winked at me. I looked down, shuffling in my seat. I also received a glance from his blond friend. His face was emotionless as he looked into my eyes for a split second.

Thankfully, they took their seats and the professor entered the room. He set his books down on his large desk before sliding glasses on to the bridge of his nose. He cleared his throat, causing all of us look up. The room quieted as we waited for him to speak.

"Welcome to Law. I expect everyone has purchased the correct books for this class...."

The professors speech lasted well over thirty minutes. I noticed most people dozing off with droopy eyes, surprising myself when I realized I, too, was trying to suppress a yawn. What a great start to the semester..

*****

The class ended and I piled all of my books into my arms. I waited for Aubrey and we left the room.

Once we were clear of the crowd, I whispered, "Who were those two guys behind us?"

I flipped my head around, making sure they weren't trailing behind. No one was there, so she answered my question.

"Oh, they're juniors. The brown haired guy is Chase Michaels. The other guy is Niall Horan. Both are on the football team."

I thought back to what that Niall kid was wearing. It was a jersey of some sort. I guess that makes sense with him being on the football team. We crossed the busy street to the other side before she continued.

"But don't get mixed up with that crowd. They're typical jocks. They make fun of nerds, geeks, or anyone with dorky clothes and glasses. Most kids are scared of them. Freshman mainly."

My eyebrows furrowed together as she spoke. You'd think after high school some guys would mature and drop the bullying thing. Guess not everyone does.

"Oh, and they only date cheerleaders, so don't get your hopes up." Aubrey added.

"Cheerleaders?" I snickered. "I thought that was only in movie films."

We soon reached Western Hall.

"Eh, guess not. Stupid egos," Aubrey replied.

We started to climb the stairs. After a moment of silence, I spoke.

"What floor are you on?"

"I'm on four. You?"

I let go of the railing, reaching my destination.

"Three," I said, gesturing my head to the door in front of me.

"Oh, well that kinda makes sense since I came to your door two days ago. Who knows where my head is right now," she laughed slightly. "Wait, um are you going to be at the volleyball try-outs?"

I sighed, letting go of the door knob. "I'm not sure."

"Please? I don't know anyone else who going to be there. Most are seniors," she pleaded.

It took me a moment to decide my answer. I prayed that homework would not be overbearing.

"Alright," I agreed.

Her face brightened up. "Thank you! Ok, see you Friday! Or um, would you want to go to the gym after classes tomorrow? We could work out and get fit for try-outs."

"Okay, see you tomorrow."

She said a goodbye before skipping down the hall to the next floor. I laughed, opening my door and walking inside.