"I'm doing well Mrs. Winston." He gave her a charming smile.

I wanted to punch him in the mouth. Damn those lips that were almost on mine a minute ago.

"I'm sorry for my improper dress, I wasn't aware you were coming." He continued and I rolled my eyes.

"That's alright. I don't mind." She waved it away. "Now, Emma, show me your room."

I crossed my arms over my chest before walking down the hall, passing Harry.

My mother followed me, her heels clicking against the wood floor. When we reached my room I went to sit on my bed while my Mom walked around to inspect the space.

"It's a lovely room, Emma." She smiled before going to close my bedroom door.

"Why are you really here?" I asked her once it was shut.

"To talk. Your father and I have been concerned and considering your last phone conversation with him it's time we talk about what's bothering you."

"The list would be shorter if I told you what's not bothering me." I rolled my eyes.

"Well I have all day to listen." She said and moved the chair from my desk over to the wall across from me so she could sit.

"Is it the college or your classes that are bothering you?" She asked.

"No, my classes are fine and i'm doing good in all of them. Yeah it sucks that I can't go out like I want and it feels more like prison but there's nothing you guys will do about that."

She nodded.

"Your Dad said you had a boy in the apartment?"

"Yeah, well that won't be happening anytime soon."

"Why not?"

"Because I went on a walk last night and saw him kissing another girl."

Her eyes went wide.

"I'm so sorry, Emmy."

"It's whatever. It's not like I was in love with him but he had asked me to be his girlfriend. I shouldn't have said yes."

"We learn from our mistakes, Emma, as cliche as it sounds, it's true."

I nodded.

"Is that all?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I mean it's obvious I got annoyed when no one in this family would answer my phone calls. I understand your jobs are the most important in the country but i'm your child and I don't want to come second. I realise that sounds selfish but it's true."

She nodded.

"I agree." She purses her lips.

"So that's pretty much it." I shrugged.

She sat there for a moment, processing her thoughts.

"Your father and I have been talking, and we agree that ever since you went to college we have been paying less attention to you. Not no attention, but less. We figured you would be making friends and be too busy for us and we've been to college before so we understand. But that hasn't been the case, has it?"