Candy Girl

Monte P.O.V

"Daddy! Stop it!!!" Gracie's laughter filled the room. We're currently sitting on the floor of the living room surrounded in paint swatches. Since I kicked Brittney out I've had a few empty rooms where all of her unnecessary crap was, so Gracie and I decided that she should have her own room for when she comes over. Gracie also thought it was a good idea to throw the paint swatches all over the room which resulted in a visit from the tickle monster! I looked around at all the different shades of blue, red, purple, pink, green, and orange all over the floor.

"Alright Gracie bug, so what color have you decided on?" She looked around and picked up a few swatches. She was so excited and looked like she was in a candy store!

"Daddy? Do you think we can do more than one color?" She looked at me with the cutest little face. She knew what she was doing, she knows that I can't say no to her when she makes that face!  

"You Can pick as many colors as you want baby girl." She put down 3 swatches and grabbed a pen she put a heart on one color on each swatch. Then there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened it without taking a glance out the peephole. In front of me stood one of my very close friends Chester Bennington.

"Chester! Man, how have you been?" I pulled him in for a hug and he laughed and hugged me back.

"Hey, Money-Man just thought I'd drop by to see you see how you were doing. Who's this little cutie behind you?" I felt Gracie grip my shirt as she hid behind me.

"Gracie honey it's okay this guy is like a brother to me, this is your Uncle Chester!" She peeped from behind me and smiled, immediately jumping into his arms and giving him a big hug. Chester laughed as he got knocked back a bit but held on tight to Gracie giving her one of the biggest hugs he could give. He set her down and patted her head as she ran off to look at more paint swatches.

"Monte, I didn't know you had a kid dude, why didn't you tell me?" He was truly offended but in my defense, he was on tour when I found out about Gracie.

"To tell you the truth I only found out about her a few months ago. She was from a previous relationship and her mother and I just reconnected by accident and well, here she is!" He smiled and punched my shoulder.

"You should have told me as soon as you found out!"

"Hey I was going to but you were in France at the time. What was I gonna do? Text you and tell you I have an 8-year-old kid? Yeah, I can imagine that conversation! You call me in the middle of the night here cussing me out telling me I'm a piece of shit!" He laughed and punched my arm again, I sat him on the couch and got him a Pepsi. 

"Sorry it's a Pepsi, Gracie and her mom both like it so I keep plenty in the house."

"Oh, so are you back with her mom? Or are you just being civil with her for Grace here?" I thought about it for a minute, as much as I would like to be back with Violet, I know it won't happen.

"No, we're not together, but we're not just being civil. We're friends, I mean, She was my high school sweetheart Ches."

"Wait, is her mom the girl you told me about all those years ago? The girl with bright red hair, green eyes, and named after a Disney princess?" Damn, he knows me too well.

"Yeah, that's her. Her name is Violet, her middle name is Ariel, and now she has a little sister named  Cindy." Chester laughed and took a sip of his drink. 

"So Monte, have you tried to win Ms. Violet back?" he looked at me with a knowing gleam in his eye. He knew how I felt about her, but when he finds out what happened, he's probably gonna kill me.