The Sound Of Love

I woke up the next morning feeling the same as always, useless. I heard my mom and dad walking through the door.

"Violet, honey,  are you up?

"yes ma'am." I put on some house shoes and walked down stairs to get me something to eat. I was met at the bottom of the stairs by my dad, He was a man that stood about 6'1" and had bright blue eyes and extremely red hair, like the little mermaid.

"Well hey Ariel!" He greeted me by saying my middle name as he always does.

"Hey dad. How was work?" I gave him a hug and walked to the kitchen as we usually do to eat some LUCKEY CHARMS and talk about our days. I got out three bowls and spoons as he got the cereal and mom made the coffee.

"Oh you know, same old same old. go in. sell something. sell more things, then leave. How was school?"

"Some old, same old, go to class, do work, leave class, repeat." we had poured the milk by now and started eating when my mom asked a strange question.

"Have a boyfriend yet?" I looked up at my mom with her bleach blonde hair and green eyes. My dad gave her the don't be stupid look.

"ha, no mom, don't be crazy!" to be completely honest, I didn't know if he was my boyfriend or not, but I'm going to stick with not.

"Haha okay honey, but you know, you can always tell us if you do." I smiled at her while letting some milk pour out of my mouth and into the bowl.

"OH MY GOD VIOLET!?!" My dad just suddenly lost his mind about this, we all just busted up laughing And almost dying at the fact of milk coming out of our noses. Our laughter quieted down when there was a knock on the door. I grabbed a napkin and started wiping my mouth off and went to answer the door. Bryan stood there with his hand on the door way and a smile on his face.

"Well good morning beautiful!" I couldn't breathe, what was he doing.g here?

"What are you doing here?" My eyes were wide open and I think my mouth dropped a little.

"Well green eyes, I was here to see if you wanted to go eat some breakfast with me.

"Ariel who's here?" oh no, my dad was coming and I was trying to think of how to get Bryan out and unfortunately I was too late, my dad came around the corner.

"Ariel Hun, who's this?"

"uh dad this is...."

"Hello sir I'm Bryan Money, and I'm a friend of Violet's." I was shaking by this point he didn't step in the house but he stuck his hand out for my dad to shake, and surely My dad met that request.

"Well hello Bryan, I'm Mr. Holliday Violet's father. Why don't you come in?" I slowly opened the door nervous as hell And he walked in as calm as could be.

"Ariel, go get dressed hun."

"yes sir." I felt so bad for leaving him downstairs to fend against my dad, but I had to listen to my dad. I quickly got dressed and brushed my hair and teeth I looked in the mirror at this girl with bright red hair and extreme green eyes, wearing this Red Hot Chili peppers shirt and black skinny jeans. Why did this have to happen now?

      I finished getting dressed and heard laughter coming from downstairs. I walked downstairs grabbing my backpack from its little hanging hook, and walked into the living room.

"Ariel how come you never told us about Bryan?"

"Well we really didn't start talking till recently."

"Well you two kids get along and get breakfast before school starts okay?"

"yes sir!" Bryan did a while mock salute before we headed out the door.

"Man, your dad is pretty cool!"

"Did he tell you about his tattoos?" His mouth dropped open in awe.

"He has tattoos?!"

"Imma take that as a no?"

"What are his tattoos of?" he sounded like a kid in a candy store

as I started to explain all of my dad's tattoos.

"And he has one of the little mermaids on the inside of his arm for me." we were driving down an all to familiar road towards the only small diner in town.

"You know, you and your family sound so much more interesting than mine!" By this time we pulled into the parking lot of the small diner and walked in only to be seated immediately.

"Well, what does your family consist of?"

"Well, there's me, then my younger brother Michael, my mom, and my Grandpa, my dad left after Mike was born, I don't remember much of him." I looked at his brown eyes and could tell that he was completely okay with the fact of not having a dad.

"I don't have grandparents." I said to only make his face look at me in awe.

"What?!"

"Yeah, my dad lost his parents when he was eighteen, they died in a car crash. My mom was kicked out when she was sixteen, that's when she met my dad at a diner, they were both spending their last dollar on some soup and this fire headed man caught her attention, and that's when he caught her staring, he walked over and just hit it off. Wait, what's the name of this diner again?"

"Capulets Cafe. Why?" I looked at him as my eyes grew wide.

"Are you serious?" He gave me a puzzled look.

"Vi what's wrong?"

"Bryan, this is the diner they met at!"

"What?" he couldn't believe it. I looked up at a wall that had a cork board and pictures of people on it. I got up to inspect the pictures only to find a picture of a red headed man, and a blond woman sitting in the exact same booth that me and Bryan were sitting in.

"Look, here they are!" He got up and walked behind me and looked at the picture.

"Well, I'll be damned!" I looked right underneath it to see a picture of my mom and dad, but this time they had a red-headed baby with them.

"Is that you?" Bryan pointed at the child, who looked like me when I was a baby.

"I guess so, I don't remember the place, but apparently it's where I had my first ever 'not cooked at home' meal!" I smiled at the picture for a second then proceed to sit back down in my seat. The rest of Breakfast was nice, we laughed a bit, and talked about growing up.

"Hey, Do you wanna come to my bands practice after school?" he has a band?

"Uh, yeah sure!"

"awesome!" he looked down at his phone and jumped a little, "oh shit we're gonna be late!" he tossed some money on the table as we quickly got up and ran out the door. We sat in his truck on the way to school.

"Hey Bryan, what's your Middle name?"

"Monte, why?"

"I was just wondering, by the way, I'm calling you that from now on!"

"hahaha okay Ariel!" he mocked me with my middle name as we pulled up to the school. We got it of the car with our back packs in hand, and almost instantly he put his arm around me, well, this day is going to be eventful.

Well I thought I would do an author's note although I highly doubt any one reads this. how ever if you do I want to say thank you and to tell me what you think. plus if you want your own character added in just let me know who and who you wish to be with! okay thanks guys!!!