Difference Between Heaven And Hell

(Monte POV)

    When we got back from the gym, I showered up as Mike made breakfast for everyone. Normally Robert would, but he wasn't up yet, and we didn't want to wake him.

    I jumped out of the shows to the smell of eggs, bacon, and French toast. Where did he learn to cook like that? I walked out dressed in my ripped white skinny jeans and a clean black muscle shirt. Everyone was already sitting at the table, except Mike who ran past me to jump in the shower.

    "Hey dude what's up?" T.J. had his mouth full so all I really heard was muffled sounds, but I could only guess that's what he was saying.

     "Nothing much, just hungry as hell." Robert was eyeing me suspiciously.

   "What's wrong with you?" He was eyeing me knowing something was wrong. All I could do was sigh, knowing that I couldn't get away with lying. Robert knows that when I work out, I'm upset, especially when I go to work out at six in the morning.

    "Brittney broke up with me." I was more relieved than I should have been. The boys all looked down at their plates, well, all except T.J.

    "So does that mean we can talk shit about her now?" Robert hit him on the arm causing him to yelp in pain. I just laughed because it was just something T.J. would say.

    "Honestly, I don't care dude, I don't know why, I'm not devastated, just pissed that she did it over the phone and at six in the morning." They all looked wide eyed at me.

    "SIX IN THE EVER LOVING FUCKING MORNING!?!?" Craig couldn't contain his anger. He brought his fist down onto the table causing us all to jump. My poor little brother ran out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around him, looking cold as hell.

     "WHAT HAPPENED?!" He had a worried look on his face as he went to grab the broom. from beside the fridge, swinging it around like a light saber.

     "Nothing dude, I just told them about what happened this morning." He sighed and turned around to go back Into the bathroom to get dressed. Craig walked into the back lounge area to try and contain his anger.

    "Dude, she was a whore anyway. Honestly I think you and Violet would be better together." T.J.'s word almost made me and Robert shoot out of our skin.

    "What did you just say?"

    "Um, she's a whore?"

    "No, the other part."

    "You and Violet would be good together? I mean, granted, she has a kid, but Gracie is really sweet and well behaved, I think you could look past it." I got up from the table and went to my bunk, would we really 've good together? I mean, we were voted cutest couple our junior year, but that was YEARS ago.

   "Monte? You okay?" I looked up and saw Craig standing in front of me with my broken phone in his hand. It must have broke when I threw it this morning.

    "Yeah, just thinking about something." He jumped up on my bunk and sat next to me.

   "Monte, how well do you and Violet know each other?" his question made me freeze in place. I thought back to those 2 years we dated.

    "Honestly, I've known Violet since we were sixteen. I dated her for two years before I......messed up." I sat next to Craig in silence.

    "What happened?" He asked the dreaded question.

    "I cheated on her....with Brittney." my words came out like poison and all I wanted to do was burn my tongue.

    "so do you think that Gracie could be-" I cut him off in his sentence.