All in Time

(Monte POV)

  We were standing in the middle of the tattoo shop, for a time seeming to be forever. She was standing right in front of me, the girl I was thinking of this morning. The timing snapped back to reality when the bells on the door jingled.

   "You guys, we couldn't find the place, so we had to stop and ask for direc- VIOLET?!?!" My brother and Robert busted through the door and ran to give her a hug. She smiled the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. Her pink lips separated to show her pearly white teeth.

   "You guys know eachother?" Craig's smile was spread across his face as her had hope that this meant all his friends could get along.

    "Yeah I knew these guys in high school." I looked down remembering the episode I had in the car. I wanted to forget all of it, but it still haunts me. At that moment, Serenity walked into the room taking money from her client. She finished and walked around the counter to give Craig and T.J. hugs. As she took Gracie from them she looked up at me with the look of death. She crossed over and Gave Mike and Robert hugs.

   "Hey Rei, can you go and get Gracie something to eat while I work." Serenity nodded at Violets request and grabbed her keys off the counter. Everyone waved Good bye to Gracie as she left.

    "So what do you want done?" She turned to me in a business like manner.

    "Oh, I wanted to get a tribute to my Grandpa on my hand." She looked down as tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

    "Yeah, sorry to hear about that." I knew that she loved my grandpa. She loved him as much as I did, he meant everything to her.

    "So," her voice cracked a little as she tried to pull herself together, "Let's draw up a couple designs and get started." She pulled out Her sketch book as we started talking about designs. Soon enough I was in the chair with my hand on a side table.

    "So," I was nervous as hell right now, the love of my life from years ago is giving me a tattoo and I was starting to shake, "Your daughter, uh, she's a little cutie." I really wanted to know who's kid she was, I really wanted her to be mine.

     "Ha! Yeah she is, she's smart too, and talented."

   "Really?" I was really starting to question myself, honestly, I was freaking the hell out.

    "Yeah, she can sing, draw, and play guitar." Holy shit, shes freaking talented!

    "Oh wow, she's a little dynamo!" My heart started to race as I thought about the little ones eyes, pure green, just like Violets.

    "Haha! Yeah and she knows it!" Her laugh was just like I remember it, sweet like honey, controlling of everything you do. I could hold it anymore, I had to know.

    "So, who's the dad?" She looked at me like she wanted to punch me, was I right? Is she mine?

    "She's yours you idiot, in case you can't tell." I looked up and saw Robert and my brother standing in the doorway. I knew they knew something, and suddenly I was pissed. How dare they keep MY daughter from me!

     All of my anger subsided when I heard this sweet little laugh coming from the front. Gracie came running in with her long black hair bouncing behind her.

     "Mommy can I watching you finish?" Her tiny voice was enough to make my heart melt. I wasn't paying attention to what any one was saying, and watched as she rubbed noses with Violet and then ran to give Robert and Mike hugs.

      All of my anger came rushing back to me as we stood up. My brother and my best friend lied to me about my child. I was paying for my tattoo when Mike asked violet something.

     "Hey Violet, why don't you and Gracie come out to the show, then afterwards we can go to the carnival?" Gracie started jumping up and down as she looked at her mom. What I heard next made me almost jump out of my skin.

     "Fine! But, Monte has to come with." I looked at her in disbelief.

     "Uh sure yeah, I'll go." I almost couldn't answer. I was fucking terrified.

     "YAY!" Gracie, Robert, and Michael all cheered. She picked up Gracie as we walked out to the cars. I decided to ride with Robert and Mike instead of the gruesome twosome.

     "So when were you guys going to tell me about Gracie?" They sat in silence for a minute.

     "When Violet told us we could. We knew that once you saw her you would know, it was only a matter of time that you found out." My little brother spoke up in the passengers seat. I couldn't be mad at them, because I knew Violet was like a sister to them, and I'm the one who fucked everything up.

     "You guys really are great friends. Seeing her today really set me back a few notches." I took in a sharp breath, I was about to cry and I know it.

     "Hey, remember, when no one else is there, we are. We will NEVER let you down." Robert looked at me through his mirror.

     "I know, that's why I love you guys!" I smiled at my brother who turned around and looked at me. He had the biggest smile on his face, and looked just like he did when we first started the band.

~~~~~~~~The Next Day~~~~~~~~

     I was laying in bed dreaming about the day that was about to start when I got a call.

     "Hello?" My voice was groggy and sleepy, I check the alarm in my bunk and saw that it was six in the morning.

     "Hey baby!" Brittney? What is she doing calling me this early? I sat up in bed rubbing my eyes.

     "Hey hun, what are you doing calling me?" I was so tired I couldn't function right. I barely went to sleep at three in the morning.

     "Well, baby, I think we need to talk." Oh this can't be good.

     "Well couldn't it just wait till tomorrow when I get to see you?"

     "See, that's the problem, it can't wait. Monte, honey, uh, it's over." What the fuck? Did she just break up with me at six in the morning over the god damned phone?

     "Are you fucking kidding me? Are you seriously breaking up with me over the phone, at six in the ever loving fucking morning?"

     "Well if you weren't always gone!"  I couldn't believe the bull shit that was coming out of her mouth.

     "Okay, well you know what? Fine! I don't give a fuck anymore good riddance you psychopathic bitch!" I hung up My phone and didn't realize that I yelled until my brother popped his head up from his bunk.

     "Hey bro, you okay?" I was so Pissed I couldn't even answer him, my blood was boiling and I literally could only see red.

      "Hey, get dressed and we''ll take a walk and maybe get some coffee." I got up and got dressed, I had on my black basketball shorts and a muscle shirt.

       "Hey Mike, how about we go to the gym instead?"

        "Already ahead of you dude!" My brother was in blue basketball shorts and a white muscle shirt holding two towels in one hand, and two water bottles in the other. I swear my brother can read my mind sometimes!