What could go wrong?

(Monte POV)

    We had just dropped of Gracie and honestly, I don't know what we were going to do now. Brittney was still at my house so it's not like I could go there. I could go hang out with my brother, but he has his girlfriend there. I was to busy internally arguing about what to do I didn't notice Violet was calling me.

     "Monte?" I suddenly snapped out of it and looked over at her for a second and then back to the road again.

     "Dude, that was like the fourth time I called you, are you okay?" I felt her hand slide onto my arm. I knew that I was starting to blush a little, but I really didn't want her to see that.

     "Huh? Yeah, just thinking about where I'm gonna go after this." It was the truth, but in the back of my mind I was also trying to figure out how I'm going to fix everything with her.

     "Well how about we go and get some breakfast, then you can worry about it later! Relax a while, you have a show later don't get all worked up, by the time the show is over Brittney will be gone and you can have your house back!" I knew she ment well, but surely she didn't want to see me all day.

      "Well, yeah, but what about before then?" She looked at me with a confused look on her face, like something was so obvious but it flew right over my head.

    "What Do you mean? We're gonna hang out all day.." She was serious, oh my Zeus she was fucking serious!! I snuk a glance at her and surely enough she had a complete serious look on her face.

    "Well, I just thought that you wouldn't want to hang out with me all day..." She looked at me in a kind of 'you're so stupid' look on her face. I slowly turned to look back at the road knowing that my face was the color of her hair. We fell into a comfortable silence that was then disturbed my the sound of the dash board lighting up for gas.

     "Where do you wanna stop for gas?" I looked over and seen her put her phone up.

     "Over there at the QuickTrip." I pulled in and parked by a gas pump.

     "Do you want anything to drink?" She looked at me while pulling her Nightmare Before Christmas wallet out of her back pocket.

      "Um, just a RedBull." She nodded and headed into the gas station. I got out and put the nozzle into the gas tank and pressed the proper button. she came out and handed me my drink. She stood next to me and gently layed her head on my arm. I looked down at her and seen that she had her eyes closed. I could feel all my emotions for her come bubbling up to my throat. I really missed her, I lover her, I'm infatuated with her. I don't think I would ever be able to let her go again. I can't mess up this time, this is my last chance.

      I was brought out of my thoughts by the pump telling me that the gas was finished pumping. I pulled the nozzle out and put it back, then I turned around and put the cap back on the gas tank, then I closed the little door. I turned towards Violet as she handed me back my drink, then she did something I didn't expect her to do, she hugged me. I immediately wrapped my arms back around her and held her there for as long as I could, I didn't want to let her go. Holding her here is reminding me why I fell in love with her in the first place, reminding me back to high school, reminding me of when Ronnie was in the band, back before Omar left, and to before I cheated. She held on to me just as tight, and suddenly her head popped up.

     "Do you wanna go eat at IHOP?" I smiled and nodded my head, she let go of me and got into the passengers seat of the car. We took off and were on our way to go eat some pancakes and chocolate chip waffles. (knowing Violet)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      We just made it back to Violets house at eleven o'clock. When we walked in I immediately fell on top the couch. I heard a small giggle and I flipped over to see Violet standing above me.

     "Do you wanna watch some movies until we have to go get Gracie?" Her pink lips separated to show her pearly white teeth. I think I mealted a bit.

     "Um yeah, what do you want to watch?" She looked around for a second and then looked back at me.

      "How about all the Tim Burton movies?" Her sweet smile got to me.

      "Yeah, okay!"

      "Okay, go change into something comfortable and I will start making snacks!" She ran off to the kitchen, and that's when I noticed she had on pink sweat pants that said "Minnie" down the left leg and a black tank top on, when did she go and change?

    I got up from my spot and dug in my suit case, I pulled out my red basketball shorts and my black muscle shirt, pink is a lighter shade of red right? So at least we'll be somewhat matching! As I was changing I realized something, and it hit me like a ton of bricks, I was gonna ask Violet to marry me that year. I was gonna ask her to marry me on her eighteenth birthday, but you know what I did? I fucked it all up! What was wrong with me? What IS wrong with me? I could have had a wife, and Gracie would have had her father, I'm such an idiot! I quickly washed my face and walked out of the bathroom and put my clothes back in my suitcase, considering I didn't use them that long.

     I walked back into the living room and seen that Violet had set out a lot of organic snacks, like raw muffins, fruit salads and yogurt, and she even got pomegranate juice, which is my favorite.

     "Oh! There you are! Which movie do you want to watch first?" He pulled out all of her Tim Burton movies and layed them on the table. I looked and of course seen that she had The Nightmare Before Christmas which was my automatic choice! I took the movie and put it into the DVD player, closely closing the case and hearing the safety clicks.

      "Are you trying to seduce me with the songs of Halloween Town Sir?" She looked up at me and smiled her playful little smile.

     "Awe shit, looks like you caught me!" I mocked defeat and sat down next to her. she handed me my fruit salad and scooted closer to me, which made my stomach ignite with butterflies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       After we finished our muffins and over 2 jugs of pomegranate juice, violet was asleep on my chest. We were now watching Coraline and she completely blanked out. I was sitting there when I noticed it was almost time for Gracie to get out of school. I got up and shook Violet a little. She was mumbling when she finally came to reality.

      "Violet, we have to go pick up Gracie." She nodded and slowly stood up. She put on her black converse as I put on mine, and we headed out the door to go retrieve the little lady that we love so much!

We were spilling up to the school about 10 minutes later. Violet Pulsed a Bright green paper out of the Glove Box that said "Graciela Holliday, Mrs. Bryant, 4th grade" and placed it in the windshield. I looked over and seen that she was rubbing her eyes and was slowly coming back to reality, it was then that I realized how broken she really was. You could see all the bags under her eyes, and you could see the worry lines in her forehead, she's only 26, she shouldn't have those! I felt all the guilt commuting back to me, I really hurt her.

      "Mommy, Daddy! I made a 100 on my Math test today!" Gracie was bouncing in her seat and had the biggest smile on her face.

      "That's great sweetie, I'm so proud of you!" Violet grabbed Gracie's hand and gave it a little squeeze.

    "Well I think it calls for a celebration! What do you say we call up your uncles and then we all go out to eat?" Gracie squealed a little and started bouncing again.

    "Where do you want to go eat honey?" I looked at her to see what she would say, considering I was paying for it all, not once would I let Violet pull out her own money.

    "Chuck-E-Cheese?"

     "Of course darling, anything for you!" She squealed again and settled into her seat. Violet put her and on top of mine. Butterflies at not what was going through my stomach right now, more like vultures. This was perfect, I have my daughter, and the girl I love, I have my best friends and my family.

      Nothing can go wrong.......right?