First Time With Her Dad.

"Mommy, do you think Daddy will love me?" My seven year old had a worried look on her face.

"Of course I do honey, why wouldn't he?" We were getting ready to go to the show, Gracie kept her face clean because she wanted to make a good impression. She was scared Monte wouldn't love her.

"Well, Because he never bothered to try and see me before." I had a pang of guilt hit me in the chest, it was my fault he didn't, because he didn't know. I told his brother not to tell him, I told his best friend not to tell him.

"Gracie Bear, it's my fault that he didn't, I was so mad at your dad, that I didn't want to talk to him or anything, he didn't know about you untill yesterday." I wanted to cry, thinking it was my fault that my daughter didn't have a dad.

"Oh yeah! I remember you telling me about that. Mommy, do you still love him?" I didn't have to think about it. I put the curling iron down as I finished the last curl. I knew I still had feelings for Monte, I never stopped having them.

"Hey, let's put a pretty dress on you okay?" She smiled and jumped of the counter and into the room and came out with jean shorts, an Escape The Fate shirt, and her purple VANS. I simply shrugged and smiled because hey, she is my child. I walked into my closet and picked up a nice Rob Zombie fitted tank top and grabbed my VANS that matched Gracie's. I walked over to my dresser grabbed my Robin belt, and pulled out a pair of jean shorts that had little rips in them.

"Okay Mommy, lets go!" She was bouncing and already had my Nightmare Before Christmas bag and my keys by the door. We stepped out into the San Diego heat and turned to lock the door.

"Violet! Gracie!" I turned around and saw Tony and Stephanie walking up as Gracie Ran to them. (Did I forget to mention they're our neighbors?)

"Uncle Turtle! Aunt Steph!" Tony picked her up and swung her around.

"Where are you guys headed off to?" Steph smiled at us as she pinched Gracie's cheek.

"We're going to go see my uncle's and daddy play!" Tony and Steph suddenly had horrified looks on their faces.

"Honey go to Aunt Steph for a second." Tony handed Gracie to Steph and pulled me over to the car.

"Violet, what's going on?" He had a worried look on his face, he was scarred and I can tell.

"Craig and T.J. came into the shop yesterday and said that they were bringing a friend to get his first tattoo, well, their friend happened to be Monte. Well soon Mike and Robert came in and I just quickly did the tattoo so I wouldn't have to keep seeing him. Then Mike asked if we wanted to go to a show and then to the carnival. So of course I said yes." I left out the part about Monte coming to the carnival too, he wouldn't be able to handle that part.

"Okay, as long as its just Mike and Robert, I don't want you or Gracie getting hurt by this asshole again. okay? You might say your a big girl and can take care of yourself, but if anybody hurts you, Serenity, OR Gracie, they are dead, and you know I won't be the only one to do it." I smiled at Tony and nodded, because when it came down to it, Tony was like a big brother to me. He was just always there.

"Trust me Turtle, if ANYBODY hurts Gracie, they have to face ME first!" he smiled and walked back to Gracie and Steph.

"Come on Gracie Bear, we're gonna be late." She hopped out of Stephanie's arms and hugged them both as she ran to the car. I smiled and waved at them.

"Wish me luck." I gave them a kind of sad smile and started walking towards the car.

"Good luck babe!" I gave them a smart ass smile as I got in the car, whether I liked it or not, today was going to be a long day.