Chapter 22: The Painting

TheQueen:
Aurora! Thanks goodness you're safe.

She said while hugging me tight.

Me:
Who are you?....Are you my-

TheKing:
Yes sweetheart we're your grandparents

I was cut of by the king standing infront of me while the queen is still hugging me. I hugged back then eventually let go.

Mom:
Mom I think we should talk...

TheQueen:
You're right sweety, I'll talk to you and Marco later but right now let's show Aurora her own room.

Mom and dad exchanged looks

Me:
My room?

TheQueen:
Yes sweety your own room I had it prepared a while ago come with me

She walked towards a hallway while we all followed along. I can't beleive I'm having my own room in a castle! We walked by the hallway while I stare at the different glass paintings at the wall. There was one painting that caught my attention, a painting of a blonde girl with with 6 arms, 3 on each side and yellow butterfly wings, she looks like...mom.

Me:
Mom is that you?

Her eyes widened then looked at the painting.

Mom:
Y-yes that's me

Me:
Cool but...how?

They all looked at me making me feel nervous.

Mom:
We'll talk about that some other time right now let's go see your new room.

We continued to walk going to my new room but I can't help but think about that painting...why was she like that in the painting? How did she do that? Will I turn like that eventually? The queen stopped walking then opened the door to her right.

TheQueen:
Here we are your new room

I went inside then starred in awe across the big room. It was amazing. Everything was so big, the bed, mirror, the window, just everything...

Me:
Wow

TheQueen:
Do you like it? Should we find another room?

Me:
No no its fine I love it! Thank you

TheQueen:
Only the best for my grand daughter and princess

Me:
Me a...princess? I don't know the first thing to being a princess

TheQueen:
But you are

She held my right cheek.

TheQueen:
A mark of a true butterfly

Mom came closer.

Mom:
Mom I think Aurora should rest

Me:
But I'm not tired and besides I want to explore the kingdom, go to the villages, and meet the people

Dad walked closer and placed his hand on mom's shoulder.

Dad:
Your mom is right Aurora you should rest for now and don't worry sweetheart I promise tomorrow we'll go out.

Me:
Ok

I said disappointedly. They all left, leaving me alone in this big lonely room. I wonder if they're having that talk mom mentioned.