Chapter 5

Taylor's POV

Cameron and I made it down to the shop without any of his fans coming up and attacking us. I looked around and saw the hair ties I needed for the days coming up in the competition. I grabbed them and went to checkout. Cameron took my hand after I checked out and before we could get out of the shop he stopped, so I did too. I looked up at him "do you want to go on a date tomorrow night?" He asked

"I would be glad to" I said and smiled. We stared at each other for a moment then behind me someone yells

"Full check"

"No, gosh ugh" I said

"What is it?" he asked but before I could answer people started to gather and kept yelling "full check" at me. Cameron looked at me with a worried expression. I just handed him my bag and walked in front of the crowd that was gathered. Suddenly they all started counting 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 over and knee I took a deep breath. Two steps back and threw my standing full. The crowd went crazy then kept yelling full check.

My coach made it known that whenever someone yelled full check we had to throw it. Or somehow she would find out and we would be off the team. The crowd started to count again so I threw another standing full, and I was out of breath. Then chase came up behind me and grabbed my waist and then launched me upwards. He caught me on two legs and held me above his head for a little bit to let me catch my breath. Then I felt him pop me and I did one twist on the way down.

Then we walked to the elevator and when we got there Cameron was right behind us. "I'm so sorry about that" I said. I explained the story behind it and why I had to do that.

"It's fine. It was really cool." He smiled and grabbed my hand. I just smiled. I couldn't help but feel awkward with chase there. when Cameron had grabbed my hand I thought I saw chase tense but I think I was just imagining things.

We walked back into the room and Erica laughed at me "wow they got you huh?"

I laughed back. "Of course."

Cameron, chase and I went and sat down on the couch. I sat down on the couch and kept listening. I am not a loud person, but I really enjoyed being here with all of them.

Cameron shot Nash a glance. I didn't know why but then they both got up and went into a room. I'm guessing it was theirs. Everyone looked kinda uncomfortable, and was staring at me. I got up and went t and walked into a room, I didn't know who's room it was but Shawn was in it. He was strumming and looked up at me "hey" he said and stopped.

"Don't stop" I said "you're so good"

he laughed "do you sing?" He asked.

"I would shatter your ears if I did" I said.

"You can't be that bad" he laughed

"You definitely can." I laughed. "Sing me something."

"What do you want to hear?" He asked.

I looked down at his music and saw he was working on "A thousand years" I had a always loved that song. "Sing this for me." I said pointing at his music.

"It's not that good but okay" he laughed and started strumming. As soon as he opened his mouth it was like beauty pouring out of his mouth in song. We were sitting on the window seat in his room. We were facing each other and we were really close together. I closed my eyes and started singing along with him. Just off habit. I didn't sing the same pitch as him, though, my harmonizing wasn't really working but I kept going anyway.

He stopped looking at his music and met my eyes, but kept playing. I couldn't take my eyes off him. He was so good. On the last chorus he stopped strumming and it was just us singing when we stopped I didn't realize how loud we were. Shawn just sat there and starred at me with his mouth open. "I'm so sorry. I know I totally ruined that" I looked down at my lap and could feel my cheeks getting hot.

"Are you kidding me that was amazing." He grabbed my chin and pulled it up. "You need to perform with me at magcon tomorrow"

"I don't know what you consider amazing but that was far from from amazing." He still held my chin. I heard someone walk in and I turned to see Cameron. I stood up

"What's going on in here?" He asked. I could tell he was mad.

"Shawn was just performing for me" I said standing up. "Thanks it was beautiful" I said looking at Shawn and he smiled. Cameron grabbed my hand and walked out of Shawn's room. We walked back into the big living room where everyone was still sitting. We had just sat down and they started asking us about the competition. "So it's like a big deal?" Nash asked. Erica elbowed him.

"Yes it's the world championship. There are over 100 teams competing for world champion." She answered.

"Wow" Cameron said.

"Yeah" I said.

"Well how are y'all doing?" Matt asked "it doesn't sound like anyone has a chance of winning."

"Yeah the chance is so small. It doesn't seem worth it sometimes. But we did good today so..." Erica said and looked down. Suddenly she screamed. I looked at her and she jumped up and handed her phone to me. I dropped her phone, stood up and screamed too. Chase picked up Erica's phone off the floor and read the screen.

Cameron's POV

Erica and Taylor started screaming, then chase read what ever was on the phone and looked like he was about to cry. He jumped up and grabbed Taylor and swung her around in a hug. I saw she was crying and so was Erica. "we have to go" Taylor said.

"Are you okay?" I asked. I guess I was tense because when she took my hand I dramatically relaxed.

"Yes, but we need to go now. I will text you later." she said and the three if then walked out.

"What the hell?" Matt said.

"I have no clue" Shawn said. He had stopped strumming when Erica screamed. He always left and went to go play his guitar, it was how he relaxed. I was still pissed at Shawn though. I have no clue what was happening between him and Taylor when I walked in. They were so close they looked like they could have kissed, and he had his hand under her chin. I liked Taylor so much. She was quiet but made me feel like no girl ever has.

I needed to snap out of it I just met her, but she was beautiful. Nash had even pulled me into our room and said I could go for Taylor and he would back off and go for Erica which was good. I can't seem desperate, so I am just going to wait a while before I text her about our date. I start running ideas through my head of places we could go.