Chapter 26

"Cameron please you're scaring me" I said after Cam punched the wall. His eyes were full of anger.

"I can't believe you kissed jack. You know how much I like you. You SLUT. Why would you do that?" he yelled and I flinched. He was right, I had been a slut. I had kissed him and jack and Shawn. Shawn and I had blamed that on nerves though and had talked at the diner earlier about how much our friendship means to one another.

"I'm so sorry I have no excuse." I said and I backed up and sat on the bed as tears started to stream down my cheeks. "But you make me feel like the most special girl in the world I really like you Cameron. Please forgive me" I begged and he sighed.

"I didn't mean what I said" he said and looked down "but I can't do this tonight Taylor. I don't know if I can forgive you right this second" He said and my heart broke. I couldn't blame him, I mean he did kiss someone else but he insists it was a fan that kissed him. I kissed one of his best friends, more than once. I'm such a horrible person.

"Its okay. I'll give you some space and we can talk tomorrow or something." I said and just looked down. I ruined everything and this beautiful boy stood in front of me so hurt. I hurt him. "I won't take the job from Bart and I'll call Hayes and tell him he needs to come back and I will leave and you won't ever have to see me again" I said, starting to panic. I got up and started packing my things and I couldn't catch my breath. My hands started to go numb and I paced around the room, trying to look busy as Cameron stood there watching me crumble.

"Taylor please stop." He said and walked over to me and grabbed my hands as I hyperventilated. "You need to breathe. You need to slow down" he said and led me to the bed where I we both sat down.

"I've never been this girl. Never. I didn't think I ever had a shot with you and I blew it. I suck I suck I suck" I said and hid my face in my hands, still trying to catch my breath.

"Hey hey hey I missed our first date. And then You saw me kissing a fan. I've let you wander off without me and I haven't been there like I should have. You shouldn't be getting lost with Shawn until 2am. You should have been getting lost with me until 2am when we were in florida." He said and started to wipe the tears from my face. "Please breathe Taylor you're scaring me" he said and I nodded, trying to catch my breath. "Let's start over" he said I I looked at him confused.

"I'm sorry I'm panicking, you shouldn't see me like this. No ones seen me like this, except my family." I said, finally starting to catch my breath.

"I forgive you. Im sorry i reacted the way i did, but i don't want you kissing anyone but me." He said and I looked at him, shocked.

"What?" I asked as more tears fell down my cheeks. "You forgive me? How? I don't deserve-" I said and he cut me off by putting his hands over my mouth.

"Stop. We're starting over. Everything else is behind us and now it's just me and you, okay?" He said and I nodded "as long as that is what you want" he added

"Of course that is what I want Cameron." I said and He pulled me into a hug. I automatically felt so much safer.

I'm not sure how long we stayed like that, Cameron just holding me. "This is not that what I was expecting when I came to your hotel room" he said and I looked at him, fighting more tears. "No please don't cry. I hate to see you cry. We're starting fresh remember? I forgive you and you forgive Me" he said and I nodded.

"Did I ruin your night?" I asked

"I'm glad you were honest with me. I might have to go beat the shit of out Jack but" he said and chuckled

"Don't beat the shit out of anyone. Not because of me" I said and he moved my hair behind my ear.

"I won't beat the shit out of him yet, but if he ever touches you again, I am going to" he said

"It won't ever happen again. I promise. Cameron you're the one I want to be with." I said and he kissed my head.

"Come on let's order some food and out on a movie. That's enough being sad for one night, we're finally together and finally on the same page" he said and I smiled.

Cam looked on his phone and ordered us pizza from some pizza place around the corner and we turned on the TV. "Pizza should be here in about 20 minutes, did you find anything on TV?" He asked

I continued to flip through the channels. The only thing I recognized was reruns of the Office, so we decided on that. I laughed at the show I had seen probably 8 times through and Cameron mostly watched me as I laughed along with the show.

There was a knock on the door and cam got up and paid the pizza guy and walked back to the bed with the pizza. "You know, I have never actually had New York pizza before" I told him and he made a shocked face.

"Well your life is about to be changed. I don't even know if I should let you eat this because you'll want pizza the rest of the week" he joked and I giggled and grabbed a piece of the pizza.

It was delicious. I think I moaned aloud. "Incredible huh?" Cam said And I nodded dramatically while he laughed at me.

After we finished dinner we decided to turn the TV volume down and we just talked. I told Cameron about my parents, how they split up and how I split my time between them. I told him about school and Cheer and my friends growing up. He told me about his sister and his friends from home. He talked a lot about his mom, and when he did his face lit up. We told random stories from our childhood, like how he fell off his bike and didn't ride a bike for over a year. I told him about how i got bit by a dog playing tag one day in my neighborhood and so i was scared of dogs until middle school when my dad brought home a puppy. It was so sweet. I loved getting to know little details about him and hear stories that I know he hasn't told many people.

We talked until 2am and had genuinely such a wonderful night. We learned so much about each other and we clicked so well. We were able to make each other laugh and mess around with one another, but also opened up about very serious things. For the first time in a few weeks I was truly happy and I didn't ever want the moment to end. "Taylor, tonight has been great but we both need sleep we have a long day tomorrow"

I sighed, knowing he was right. "Are you going to stay here?" I asked him.

"Yes if that's alright with you" he said and I smiled, knowing I would sleep so much better in his arms than alone. I'm so thankful Cameron and I are starting fresh and we were so honest with one another tonight.

"Of course." I said and got up to brush my teeth and get ready for bed. Cam cleaned up our dinner and turned off the TV and came and joined me in the bathroom.

"Are you excited to be filling in for Hayes this week?" He asked

"I still get so nervous. I don't know why." I said looking down

"You're gonna be amazing, just like always.and we can finally introduce you as a part of the team and everyone will love you" he said and wrapped me in a hug

"Oh yes everyone will looooove me. They won't despise me out of jealousy for getting to be with you guys" I said and rolled my eyes and Cam laughed and hit me in the side playfully. "I'm not kidding!" I said and moved around him and out of the bathroom so he couldn't swat at me again.

"Oh get back here" he said and followed after and and scooped me up in a big hug, lifting my body off the ground. "I'm serious. I want you to be happy and if performing doesn't make you happy then don't feel like you have to do it" he said.

"I do love singing. I just get nervous. It's something I'll have to get used to. Usually when I perform, I'm with a whole team. You'll have to give me a while to adjust" I said and he smiled.

"I will be here for you every step of the way." He said and I climbed into bed and he followed, wrapping me in his arms.

"This is so nice" I smiled and he kissed my forehead.

"I agree. I just wished we hadn't wasted so much time getting to this point" he said and I laughed and agreed.

"Goodnight my Taylor. Have sweet dreams" he whispered and we both drifted off to sleep.