CHAPTER 10: Look Away

*A/N:  I think you already know about my 10 Chapter rule. And if you don't, you'll find out soon enough. Just...fair warning: I don't pull my punches.

Chapter Ten
Look Away

“So Nicky, strip or dare?” Brian asked Nicky with a mischievous smile. Nicky bit his lip and gulped at the way Brian was looking at him. It was the look of a predator eyeing its prey. He only has his boxers left, so strip was clearly not an option.  But the way Brian was looking, it was quite obvious dare would not be a good idea as well. He was trapped.

This was the band’s last night in London, and tomorrow they were all scheduled to go back to Ireland. They were all excited to go back home. A month is a pretty long time if it’s your first time away from home, and that was how they felt. Though they can’t deny how they enjoyed their stay at London, and now, they have to leave. They can’t help it but feel like it was the end of their dream, that this was gonna be their first and last album. It was better to think of the worst rather than hope for the best, that way, even though their album might fail, they still have their one month of good memory in London they can reminisce in the future. Now thinking about all they’ve done so far, they’d say it was already quite an experience. They don’t know what’s gonna happen next, so they just sat there, deciding to let everything fall in time, and just live in the moment.

And decided to make us their last night to play Strip or Dare.

Completely mental.

And it was not helping that they were a little intoxicated with all the beers in their system. The dares were getting insanely ridiculous!

It was Brian’s idea, and Nicky knew he’s gonna hate it eventually. He was not wrong. The bottle almost always stops at him, especially if it was Brian’s turn to spin. He knew Brian can’t control the spin of the bottle, but he just can’t help but feel suspicious of Brian for everything. Every time they have to pass a dare, they need to take off one piece of clothing: so they ended up with Kian and Brian being shirtless, Mark out of two socks (and Nicky found it unfair that Mark was so overly covered with clothes, considering he has socks and a jacket). What annoys Nicky most was that the bottle hasn’t stopped on to Shane yet, and he still has his whole clothes with him. The only thing he, at least, could look forward to the game, was if Shane strip. But it seemed like it was not gonna happen now.

“So Nicky, what’s it gonna be?” Brian asked him again.

“Brian, I only have my boxers left, what do you think it’s gonna be?” Nicky snapped at him. Brian raised his hands in surrender and chuckled.

“Snippy. Okay boss, I dare you to uh,” Brian tapped his chin as he tried to think of something to dare Nicky with. “How about just sitting on Shane’s lap until the bottle stops to you again?”

Nicky sighed internally as he heard the dare. At least it was not that embarrassing. Knowing Brian, he actually expected the worst. That doesn’t mean this was not embarrassing though, it really was: he was just on his boxers, and he had to sit on Shane’s lap. He was already blushing. But he has no choice, or that’s what he want to say, to convince himself. Maybe he does want to sit in Shane’s lap. He looked at Shane and Shane patted his lap, inviting Nicky to sit on him. That was the invitation he needed to stand up and slowly descended to Shane’s lap. He heard Brian giggle, and Nicky was fast to throw a bowl in Brian’s face. Kian and Mark laughed.

“Temper, Byrne.” Shane whispered on his ear, which made him shiver. Then he felt Shane’s arm snaking around his waist and issued a back hug, which made him flush even more.