She Has Lily

Steve, Ryan, Nat and Clint flew in a quinjet, Tony in his Iron Man suit, and I flew with my wings, a pair of aviator sunglasses on my face, keeping the sun out of my eyes. Bruce stayed behind, not wanting a code green, as we called it. He also offered to take care of Abby.

Tony and I quickly landed in the street in front of the apartment building. Steve, Ryan, Nat and Clint ran to us, having to land a few feet away after Tony and I cleared the street. We had the police set up a barricade, making sure no one got near the building. At first, they asked why they should listen to me. They quickly did as I said once I showed them my fire and told them who I was.

"Nat, Clint and Tony, search for Ashley and her group. They should be somewhere nearby, watching their work. Steve, Ryan, help me clear the building. Let's move." I ordered.

"How do you know Ashley isn't in the building?" Steve asked.

"I just know. She wouldn't put herself anywhere near a rigged building. She loves to watch her work." I looked at Steve and he nodded.

Steve, Ryan and I rushed through the doors and started breaking doors down, telling everyone to get out. Some people didn't believe us and we ended up having to physically drag them from the building, which was quite easy for me and Steve with our superhuman strength.

Ashley had to be watching us, because as we got the last group of people out the doors, a bomb at the back of the building exploded. The building began to collapse on top of us as more bombs went off. Steve grabbed my hand and began to pull me behind him, Ryan on my heels. I ripped my hand from Steve's.

"What are you doing? We have to get out of here!" Steve shouted over the rumbling of the walls.

"There's still someone in here! I have to go get her!" I yelled. A chunk of the ceiling broke loose and fell toward me. I dove out of the way, rolling into a crouch. "Go! I'll meet you out there! Keep the channel open!" I exclaimed as I ran off in the direction of the voice.

I ran up a few flights of stairs and dodged a few more falling chunks of ceiling. Several came too close and I had to turn into a cat to sprint underneath them, turning back into a human when I felt I was safe. Well, safe-ish. A wall fell and landed on top of me, the heavy weight crushing me and pinning me on my stomach. Luckily I wasn't an ordinary human, for if I was, I would surely be dead.

Ryan showed up out of nowhere and looked at my situation. "I see you could use a little help."

"Ryan, what are you doing? I told you to get out!"

"I'm not gonna let you run through an exploding building by yourself!"

Ryan gripped the wall and began to lift. I was able to roll onto my back and get my hands in a position where I could help lift the wall. Groaning, Ryan and I lifted the wall of of me, and I quickly crawled out. Stretching my unharmed wings, Ryan let go and the ground shook, the floor falling apart beneath us. We leapt to sturdier ground and I closed my eyes, listening for the woman.

"Help!"

My eyes grew wide as I realized who it was. She lived on the floor beneath Steve's apartment. Now, she was just above us.

Ryan noticed my eyes grow wide. "What's wrong?"

"It's Sarah." I replied with horror. I ran toward Sarah's apartment, knowing exactly where it was.

We ran to the next set of stairs, but they were completely engulfed in flaming debris.

I turned to Ryan. "Follow right behind me." Ryan nodded.