Plans

A/N: Here's a new chapter! Sorry it's short! Comment! Enjoy!

"Alexx, what was that?" Steve asked. Steve and I were able to talk about what had happened.

"Jess was here to kill you, me, and everyone else in the tower." I started stuffing things into my black backpack.

"So, what are you doing?" 

"I'm leaving."

"Why?"

I turned to Steve. "Because, Steve, she said that HYDRA will stop at nothing to kill me. If I stay here, you guys are in danger."

"HYDRA is after us too."

"I know. That's why I'm leaving. To destroy as many of those bastards as I can."

I grabbed my backpack and stuffed my combat knife inside. Bucky's folder was still in my backpack. I grabbed it and tossed it onto the bed. Rushing around, I began to stuff a few of my clothes into the backpack. I pulled a grey t-shirt on, blood already seeping through the fabric. I had forgotten about the bullet hole in my shoulder. I pulled the shirt off and threw it in the bathroom, then let my fire heal the wound a bit. I couldn't use all of my energy on the wound with so much flying ahead of me.

When it was mostly cauterized, I pulled of my athletic shorts and replaced them with dark skinny jeans, pulling my combat boots onto my feet, then I pulled on a clean grey t-shirt. My leather jacket was on the floor, next to my backpack. I picked it up and pulled it on, hiding my shoulder with it. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail and zipped my backpack shut.

"Alexx, stop. Let me help you." Steve pleaded.

I looked at Steve and shook my head. "It'll be easier if I don't have anyone to protect."

"What about your shoulder?"

"It's fine." It was fine, just hurt a bit. I made a show of healing it, but I didn't actually do it, just pretended. It was a good reminder of why I was leaving.

I put my backpack over my shoulder and looked at Steve. "Alexx, please." Steve gave me puppy dog eyes that I couldn't resist.

I dropped my backpack. "Fine. I won't." I took off my jacket and tossed it on the bed.

Steve hugged me. "Thank you."